Just when it is truly feeling like autumn-temperatures cool enough for at least part of the day for windows to be open, not a cloud in the sky, sun dappling through leaves-I will be saying "good-bye" to autumn. It always makes me sad because I love my autumn decor so much but, if I want to enjoy the amount of time my Halloween swap out takes me, I have to get going on it! And, I think tomorrow is the day. And so, I am enjoying every aspect of the day today and thought I would catch you up before I go MIA for the 4-5 days that this next swap takes.
I spent yesterday morning re-painting leak spots on the ceilings around my house. I got everything done but the sunroom that needs an entire ceiling re-paint and for the moment is beyond me. Then I was off to daughter #3's house to watch the Gator game and then head out to the World Equestrian Center for homecoming pictures for granddaughter #5. Dances are all a lot bigger deal these days than they were when I was young. We were lucky to get a picture by the door as we were heading out. Lol I can't tell you how many pictures were taken of the girls (only a few had actual dates because most of the girls are seniors and dating boys who have graduated and are off in college) in varying states of silliness but I'll share the two that mean the most to me.


While we were here doing that, my son-in-law was up in the Nor'easter in CT for "Parents' Weekend" with grandson #1. They actually changed the game to Friday night but still had to play in a bit of a storm. They lost the game again in the final seconds when a touchdown was called back but they played hard and were probably just happy they didn't have to continue into overtime. Har got to carry out the flag this week and took some hard hits but that is what his position is all about!
Knowing I would be super busy the rest of the week, I made a grocery run this morning so I could make a big pot of my favorite soup for the coming week and decided to make a quick stop in Walmart to see if Christmas was out yet. Some of it was and I picked up a few things to get my thought process going when I have time.
I love the Santa and the Santa/sleigh picture. The other one is actually from "My Texas House" and I like the frame but I'm really not a fan of the color of the frame or the picture inside but, I'm thinking I can probably zhuzh it up to my liking. And then because I am sad about autumn leaving my house, I decided to brighten my spirits with some pretty flowers. My husband used to bring me flowers for no reason all of the time-almost weekly-and they always brightened my day so when I saw these beauties, I went for it.
That catches you up with me. I will be silent for a bit but as soon as I can, I'll be back to fill you in on what comes next. Daughter #3 dropped by a little bit ago and insisted on helping me get down the really heavy Halloween boxes from the top shelves so, unless I want to live with Rubbermaids around me for awhile, I have no excuse but to start tomorrow. Stay safe and stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment