Didn't think I would be back so soon but I guess I was anxious to make sure that the kerfuffle we had yesterday was indeed corrected-and it seems to be except that I am pretty sure that my photo editing app must have had an update because some things are still different than they have ever been but that is OK-that wasn't my problem yesterday! Since I am back up and running, why don't we take a peek in the dining room?
I still find myself sometimes having to catch my breath as I look at these colors. There is just something about the beautiful shades of autumn that make me so happy. In fact, at one point I actually thought about just keeping autumn out-and maybe possibly add a few jack-o-lanterns in October and turkeys in November. Since we don't do our big Halloween parties here at my house anymore and I am more often than not down in St. Pete for the real day, I thought that could work...until I mentioned it to my granddaughters last weekend and, as they say, if looks could kill. Lol And then I started to look at all of my new treasures for this year as well as the new decor ideas I am thinking about and I knew I couldn't go forward with that plan. What was I thinking?! In any case, let's go into the dining room while these beautiful colors are still here. And look at the pretty flowers my grand dog brought me to thank me for letting him be here this week.




I love this cross stitch that I made as a gift for my mom many, many years ago. She loved it and when she passed away, it found its way back to me. The sentiment remains the same.
And I think this is my favorite way to use that huge dough bowl daughter #1 gifted to me a few years back.
The same daughter also gifted me that chunk of an old balustrade. It is chippy and cracked and I love it so much. It's the kind of thing that would make my husband ask "how much did they pay you to take that off of their hands?" but, for whatever reason, those things speak to me! Lol
So while things remain quiet around here, my family is so scattered this weekend and I am thrilled to be getting lots of photos of their adventures. Daughters #1and 3 are in CT for my grandson's football game and then on to Cape Cod and a whale watching cruise.
After that, daughter #1 continues to Sleepy Hollow for another decorating job. Granddaughter #1 is in NYC to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway while granddaughter #4 is in NYC to see Harry Styles at Madison Square Garden. Of course, grandson #1 is the one playing football in CT...
...while his brother is back in Gainesville pledging Kappa Alpha fraternity.
Whew! I'm glad I don't have to try to keep up with all of them! Lol But, it is fun living vicariously through them every now and then.
I will say that as I sit here and look over on my counter and see this...I am reminded of how much I do enjoy sewing when I finally get to it. I think I may have burned myself out because I used to sew A LOT! But just making those simple pillow covers this week may have rekindled a spark-we shall see. Lol
And this little cutie brings back so many memories. I made it in a junior high (that's what it was called back then) shop class-which was required of all students as was home ec. My mom was quite a sewer and I made it for her and it is now mine as well. I'm really not claiming any talent but it IS still usable probably 65 years later so that must mean something. LOL

Surprise! I hear thunder so it seems as if another one of the several thunderstorms we get every day is coming in. I am SO OVER this summer in Florida! Please Mother Nature...let autumn in!! I'll be back soon. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment