decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, September 12, 2026

No Surprise!

This will probably no longer come as a surprise to you but, my plans for today have changed once again. When we last spoke I think I said I would be working outside all day but, it is dreary, humid, hot and just not pretty out there right now and that is the last place I want to be. And so, let's go catch the rest of the family room.



Sorry-I forgot to close the TV doors in this shot.


 





I can vividly remember making this pallet sign. It might have even been the first that I did-or the second? I wish I could remember the sites where I used to get these ideas. They not only blogged about the things they made, they gave you instructions and many times the image that you could use any way you wanted as long as it was just for your personal use. 

I actually just saw my post for this the other day as a memory on FB. It has so many layers of color all sanded back to look nice and chippy and old. I had so much fun making this that I was sad when I was finished.


It's hard to see here but this candle holder has almost all of the same colors as the sign does-serendipity? Lol


I bought the large gray pumpkin at HL a few years back and then, again form another blog I no longer have privy to, I downloaded the sign and customized it for an "Ocala" patch.


And, once again, my beautiful "coffee" tulips still making an appearance.




So that is the family room for this year. I'm off to watch the rest of grandson #1's football game-we're at half time right now. They are in Milton, CT playing against Curry College who just redid their field in "purple"! It is a bit distracting but, I will say, it does make picking out numbers a bit easier. And, for whatever reason, this school's cameras are mostly right down on the action so I am seeing Harrison like I am right there. He is playing tons today and even though he has been doing this for years, I still get nervous until its over and everyone is safe. 

I'll be back. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment