decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Cabin Fever!

Oh yes! In my opinion, people can get cabin fever in seasons other than just winter! We may not ever get the snow that is the usual culprit in January and February in more northern areas but this summer's rain and storms-not to mention the heat-are starting to drive me crazy! I SO want to be outside tackling some much needed maintenance but it is just too darn hot. And so, I am busying myself inside with things that really don't need attention. Oh sure, there are probably lots of other things that do need attention but I think I have told you before-unless something really motivates me, I am not doing it...and, not much is motivating me today. Lol So, here I am with a look at the sunroom. I will say that when I took these photos the sun was shining brightly and picture taking-at least good picture taking-for me-was hard.


There's just something pretty about how the sun hits these colors.


This pumpkin pallet picture usually hangs where I now have the lanterns hanging so it almost didn't make the cut. I made this many years ago by using a felt pumpkin placemat from $Tree as my stencil. I liked it back then so the more I walked around with it, the more I wanted it out and this is where it landed...not very inspired but maybe inspiration will still hit when I least expect it. lol


Ever since I moved this corner cupboard out here, I have put a battery operated candle on the top. It helps the cabinet appear a bit taller next to the other cabinets in the unit and it adds a pretty unexpected sparkle when I head out into this room later at night.

I stuck the "Plum leaf" branches that I got from "My Texas House" in Walmart into the jug of autumn leaves and I love the way it looks together. It is hard to see here because those leaves are reading black but they are really a very, very dark brown-at least to my eyes. But, since they read black to me also, they will be back out in some kind of a Halloween arrangement next month.


I moved the cute "fingerprint" tree out here by the kids' childhood pictures. Daughter #3 made me that years ago-I guess that would be 13 years ago-when all of my grands were small. I have always loved any handprint or fingerprint projects I was given. They have extra special meaning to me now that all of those little hands have gotten so big! sigh....



So that is this end of the sunroom for this year. I have pops of autumn at the other end but that is the end that leads not only to the garage but also to the door on the side of the back yard where I take the dogs out...and that means it is also the end where I stash dog treats and brushes, grocery shopping bags-of the season of course-small garden tools for quick maintenance on this side of the yard and anything else that needs to find its way back into the garage or car. In other words, it is not horrible but it also isn't necessarily photo worthy. Let's just say it's evidence of a much lived in area. Lol

So that is it for the sunroom. I am off to water all of the potted plants or I might be off looking for new mums. Since I keep the living room closed off when the dogs are here so they don't go crazy every time a car goes around the circle, I tend to forget watering the pots on the porch-and, with our temps still hovering high, it doesn't take long!!!

Stay safe and stay tuned. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment