decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Moving Along

 This week is turning out to be one of those "life happens" kind of weeks. They are never quite as fun as weeks full of exciting happenings but they are necessary none-the-less. And, I will say, they leave me feeling accomplished when I survive them. Of course you know that when I have weeks like this I like to start early and go full steam until I am done but, unfortunately, that couldn't happen this week.

I hit the ground running early Monday morning and started on the far side of my pool where the rains from the summer storms gave new life-and strength-to weeds. Because of the weather, I haven't been out to that side of the yard as often as usual so I will admit to "overlooking" the beginnings of the weed growth. But, I was actually quite shocked as I got out there. Every year I seem to come upon a weed I have never seem before-it's almost as if the ones I am beginning to close in on call for the reserves-LOL-and this year was no exception! I have never had carpets of weeds extend so far that they are actually going up into my privacy fence.

I will admit to almost throwing in the towel before even beginning because it looked like it was a never ending fight but, I got down there on the ground and, after about two hours of constant pulling in that one area, I saw some headway so I continued! Thankfully the pool is only a few steps away and I will admit to at least three trips into the water to cool off a bit as I was working!

Of course, then, one thing leads to another and by the end of the day I had put a bit of a dent into everything that needed to be done. And, I would have been a very happy camper if I could have repeated that process on Tuesday morning but I had a hairdresser appointment. And so, by the time I was home from that and my hair was looking all nice and clean and coiffed, I wasn't about to head back out.

That brings us to today where I am currently running in and out and catching a few things between doing this. Right now it's looking like maybe one or two more days and I will be caught up-probably just in time for all of this year's leaves to start falling and new weeds to start popping up. Lol

In any case, let's catch the two bathrooms and then we will almost be finished with this year's autumn tour. I feel as if I might have gotten lazy by just keeping this lantern in the same place through the last number of decor swaps but I love the twinkle that the candle gives this end of the house at night so I'm going with it until I can no longer justify it. 




This is where this picture ended up this year and I like it. I bought it last year to hang in the living room under the shelf but I was actually never really sold on it for that spot. It was just the best that I could do at the time until daughter #1 surprised me with the pretty painting that I have there now. It's not that I don't like this one-it's that the other is more what I wanted for that spot.


The living room now...




And, as always the nod to the season in the primary.




I am off to grab a quick lunch before I head back out to see what I can finish up today. The weatherman is promising us a "hint" of autumn-not necessarily in a temperature drop but a drop in humidity. I will take it any way I can get it. We have had a few days if mostly dry conditions so I am hoping that maybe my new roof will get started soon! I don't think I've been so excited about spending so much money ever before in my life. Lol With the most worrisome trees now gone and then a new roof, I should be good to go for a bit-fingers crossed. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment