Just a quick pop-in today. I was going to take you into the family room-which would be our usual MO-or out onto the porch now that I have the pots all full of mums but, my grand dog is leaving this afternoon. Granddaughter #4 is coming by to pick him up on her way down to St. Pete so her mom doesn't have to drive up here tomorrow after she returns from NY. I realized that if I were to take you into the family room now, I would have to reset several areas as Bennett loves to be in this room so I move things around so he will be more comfortable. He loves to take himself up on the couch but really doesn't have enough room when all of the pillows are there so I usually just pile them on one of the chairs. He also occasionally likes to lay on the hearth so I move all of those things too. Once he is gone, I will move everything back and that will be the next place we stop but for today, just a few quick glimpses.
First, a glimpse in the living room.
That is one of my new chairs and it is now proudly "wearing" that beautiful deep orange throw. It actually looks like a sweater knit but it is cotton. It would be cozy to snuggle up with but for now, it is there as jewelry. It was needed because of the imbalance of this wall.
Because of where the couch is-and it's actually about the only place it can go-the chest has to be here to be centered with the couch. That leaves more room on one side of the chairs than the other. To compensate for that, I added the Ficus tree...and, that kind of did the trick but that side of the room was definitely then reading as a bit too heavy...and so, I added the throw just to give this side more weight. I think it works? Even if it doesn't, I love the color!
And then I thought we'd take a quick peek at the primary bedroom. I didn't add a lot-just enough to keep me in my good "autumn mood". Lol
First, the thing I see most days when I open my eyes.
Just enough of the beautiful autumn colors to make me happy.
And for the last few years this is where this beauty lands for my autumn decor although it takes more of a place of prominence for Thanksgiving. I have told you about this before. I found it at a new shop in Ocala-which unfortunately is no longer open-and fell in love with it. It was behind the check-out counter and I'm not even sure it was really for sale because decor items were really not what they were about but I asked and they gave me a price-which was realty kind of high in my opinion so I thanked them and went on my way.
But, as often happens to me, I couldn't get that thing out of my brain. It's hard to tell from here but it is crusty and rusty-right up my alley. Back then it had a thin autumn leaf garland twisted around it. I actually loved that but, over so many years, it didn't fair well so I added the leaves that are on there now. In any case, I had mentioned it to my husband and a few days later, he walked in from work with it in his hands. I was definitely spoiled that way. Lol
I truly love it but it is pretty large and can only fit in certain places so for now, it is here but have patience, it will be back bigger and better soon.
This side of the room is hard to photograph because even with the shades on the bay window still down, the glare in the mirror is strong. Hopefully you can see all of the rusty goodness that I first fell in love with!
So that's it for today. I'm off to take Benny outside for a bit and let him run before he has to face that 2 hour car ride home. He is not a fan of that drive so I'm hoping if I tire him out a bit, he might settle a little-fingers crossed because my granddaughter will also have her kitten along for the ride. Fun times. Lol
Once I get things back to normal, I will return for the rest of our tour Stay safe and stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment