My plan had been to take you into the family room today-and, in a way, that is what we are doing. But, we are only going to concentrate on a theme. As I was looking around in this room the other day, my focus went to the blush colored flowers on the mantle and my mind started wandering back to when I first added them there.
And then I glanced around the room and saw something else...there were those same flowers in so many other areas just in different forms. Honestly, I think I made the pumpkin arrangement first and then saw the flowers at HL and decided to add them to the mantle. And then after I added the blush peonies to the mantle, I also stuck in the orange poppies to give a bit more of the autumn pop.
In any case, once again, I can see what a creature of habit-for lack of a better description-I am. Or is it just serendipity again? None of these other flowers were actually planned. I just make what I like and somehow it all falls into place. Lol I wish I could say that I'm so gifted that I planned it all but that is so far from the truth-half the time I am truly just flying by the seat of my pants. The good thing is that this is my house and, honestly, I can do just what I want. Sometimes it works-this time I just got lucky.
So, I truly think this was my jumping off point to the blush colored flowers in this room...otherwise, I don't think I would have chosen them. I saw an inspiration for this somewhere and I happened to have an old pumpkin sitting around so I gave it a few coats of cream and light orange chalk paint followed by antique wax and then just added what I thought looked nice. I think this was back when the lighter shades of autumn were coming into play and I liked it for this room.
No comments:
Post a Comment