I don't make a secret of the fact that I much prefer Target over Walmart...in fact, I really don't care for Walmart at all...except for certain seasonal things. I do like "My Texas House" decor items which are available only at Walmart. And so, I try to hit the store about the time I think those items will be hitting the shelves. I totally lucked out for the 4th of July and was able to grab some things that sold out immediately after! And, that was my hope for today. I have seen a number of bloggers post their new Halloween decor in their stores and I saw a few things that were absolutely speaking to me. And so, I crossed my fingers and headed out. Of course, my hopes were quickly dashed when I saw the MASSIVE back-to-school displays-aisles and aisles of it! Our kids go back to school next week and I should have remembered that...unfortunately, I didn't.
But, since I was there, I also had a list of small home repair things I needed and then I hit the autumn decor. My store didn't have everything I have seen available there either but I did grab a few things just to make the trip worthwhile. Lol
I have actually been looking at the gold tray for a bit so today was the day. And, I like the pitcher. I am using it right now and then it will stay through autumn and probably come back for Thanksgiving. And who doesn't need an air-fryer silicon basket for "more even cooking"? LOL Darn those endcap displays!
My basil plants had pretty much faded over my use of them and the summer heat so I got a few replacements at Publix as well as the magazine so I can sit and dream about what is to come.
My weekend was pretty quiet as I still had grand dogs here but they went home yesterday morning and then I went over to daughter #3's yesterday afternoon to help celebrate granddaughter #5's 17th birthday. Since they had just returned home from their trip and the whole gang is only going to be here for a few days before they head in other directions again, a very impromptu party and dinner was planned and any of the family who could make it was here.
For whatever reason, my picture taking was few and far between. The kids had friends there and I didn't want to interrupt their time together but I did get my obligatory Nana photo. I think I get shorter in every picture we take.
I NEVER take videos but, somehow every now and then, I inadvertently must hit the video button. And, of course, I know there is a way to get a still picture from the video but I'm not truly sure how so, after much button pressing, this is what I have and I will just go with it...the birthday girl with her presents and her cake.




No comments:
Post a Comment