I'm back sooner than I expected because my plans for today have changed. I had a very long to-do list now that the dogs and I would have a quiet day at home but I must have done something to my knee yesterday and I am walking around with a very uncomfortable limp-and, the more walking I do, the more things are hurting because of my off center gait I assume. And so, I decided to take a few more pictures and sit down to get this blog out to you. After that, I think I will be down with my feet up for the rest of the day...we shall see.
In any case, I did manage to get these pictures without too much of the Velcro dogs in the background. These two are up and at my side if I even shuffle in a chair so accomplishing much is a bit tricky. Lol Welcome to the kitchen.
Even though this framed piece has the book stack and would normally be in my living room, I thought it would look nice here because of its size.
And I still LOVE my pumpkin enameled cast iron Dutch oven so much. It will actually be out for the next three months and that makes me so happy!
There is just something about the deep tones of autumn that feel so calming.
I brought back this print from the late summer kitchen decor and used it on the top shelf of the baker's rack instead of a canvas that I used to put here. Once I brought in that dark brown squatty vase I just felt as if something "moody" instead of "cutsie" needed to be here. And I like the pop of orange that last year's pumpkin coquette brings to pop out that bit of orange in the print.
And, of course, some of my favorite Fitz and Floyd pieces. I never tire of them. They just speak autumn to me.
So that is it for this year's kitchen. I had to snap these pictures while granddaughter #5 was still in school because once she gets home, things in this room definitely become more "lived in". Lol
I think I have shared one or two of these before but I want to get them all in the same post. It seems that no matter how old your children-or grandchildren-get, first day of school pics are a must.
Presley ready to head off for her first day-very early-as in still dark. They have a senior gathering of some kind right after sun up and before school starts when she will of course need to change into her uniform. Both of her brothers were still in town to see her off.
Then her brother started his his year at the University of Florida...
...and her oldest brother started his senior year at the US Coast Guard Academy....
...and her cousin started her second year of law school at UF.
I'm so proud of all of them and we have lots of exciting things coming our way this year. I know it will be over in the blink of an eye but I am going to try to savor each and every one!
That's it for me today and I probably won't be back until after our "Halloween weekend" when I know I will have lots to share. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment