decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

That's a Wrap!!

 When last I left you I was waiting for the coffee stain on the jack-o-lantern pillow cover to dry. I was hoping it would get darker as it dried but it didn't really. I wonder if there might be some kind of coating on the drop cloth that helps keep paint drips from soaking in-that might make sense. In any case, since I am not in love with this thing I decided to call it as it was and go ahead and put it together.

I definitely wanted it to be a cover as opposed to a filled pillow so I just whipped up two pieces for the back and sewed them down so they overlapped each other and created a nice pocket for a pillow form to slip in. And here he is...


I'm still picking at those raw edges to get a bit more fray but it is coming. I'm reserving my final judgement until he gets put out with the other Halloween stuff. Right now it is just the beautiful autumn tones and the harsh black and orange just jar my mojo but they might look better when they fit in a bit more. He was a bugger to make-at least for what the outcome is-but I will show the girls and we will see what they say. I feel like they will lean more towards my other ideas but we shall see.


I'm off to see if I can get anything done before calling it a day as I have errands to run tomorrow and then need to get ready for some family coming in this weekend. I had roofers here most of the morning sizing things up and then I went out and trimmed a tall bush in my front yard that looked like it was in dire need of a haircut-way up on the top. It took a bit of work but I got it all done except for picking up all of the trimmings so I'm off to do that before our afternoon storm decides to come in. I'm hoping that the next time I'm here I can start our autumn 2026 tour. Daughter #1 is bringing me the second of my "new" chairs and then I am giving the ones they are replacing to granddaughter #4 for the house she is renting. It's kind of funny because I just stuck the extra one at the end of the dining room waiting to hear if she wanted the chairs and now I have kind of gotten used to having that extra chair there. I know it will be a pain any time we fully open the dining table because it would have to get moved somewhere but for right now it makes another nice little conversation group. I'm going to miss it but maybe I'll find one a bit smaller that could move into this spot without needing to be moved for the table and we can still have our little chat spot. Like I really need one more place to chat in this house. LOL


Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment