I'm back and I will admit that I had the time of my life but stayed up way too late and am now paying the price! I'm kind of working at slo-mo speed today so I thought I would sit myself down and tell you all about it.
Granddaughters #1 and 3 were here this weekend to replicate some of the memories they have from "Halloween weekends at Nana and Papa's". It always makes my heart so happy when any of my grands start talking about their childhood memories because we truly had some epic times! The girls got in touch with me a bit ago and asked if they could make this happen and nothing could ever please me more so...
They arrived on Saturday morning (after granddaughter #5 and the 2 grand dogs left on Friday night) and we got crafting pretty much right away. I had a number of things for them to choose from and they brought their idea as well. They chose to start with something I had done last year and quickly both put their own spin on it.
By the time these were done, we were moving on to dinner plans. The girls went with turkey "eyeball" meatballs, Halloween salad and mummy garlic bread.
Me being me, I had to scramble a bit because I forgot that my house isn't currently decorated for Halloween and no self respecting Halloween meal could be served on anything other than Halloween dinnerware. It might not be up to October standards but it fit the bill. LOL
We cleaned up a bit and chit-chatted until VERY late. The next day we made a quick run to Walmart to pick up some things where I was very excited to find yet another "My Texas House" Halloween goodie I had been looking for and then the first of my mums. That isn't what we went for but...Lol We were looking for the framed picture I used last year to "add" the ghosts to but, after having it there for a year, it was completely sold out. I'm guessing that lots of people who saw that go viral last year are wanting to do it just as we were. We did find some that were possibilities and Hannah had also found a few before coming at Goodwill.
When we got home, the girls prepared one of their favorite "old" breakfasts-scrambled eggs and "witches hats"-cinnamon toast cut into points. The meal was delicious but not necessarily the prettiest plate so we skipped the photo op. Lol
Then we were on to the painting. Morgs used the ones we found at Walmart after we managed to get it out of its frame and away from the glass. Hannah used one from Goodwill but took the other home to paint when she has a minute. I love how they both turned out. Unfortunately, we never got a shot of Morg's after it was back in its frame.
And, of course, before they headed home we had to revisit a favorite-the chocolate covered pretzel rods. I'm not the world's biggest pretzel fan but I love these things. Just the perfect combo of salty/sweet.
And then this morning, just as I was thinking about this week, I got a visit from grandson #2. He had come home from UF to pick up some more things for his dorm and he stopped by to fill me in on how life is going now that he is an official Gator. And it sounds like he is keeping busy and loving his new adventure.
When he headed off, I went into my office to think about where the rest of the day would go. My "new Halloween" pile is beginning to grow and I'm starting to think about where the new things will go. That framed raven picture that I found yesterday will definitely find a spot in the living room with the Poe vignettes.
The dark plum leaves can go anywhere and the pumpkin board has already found its way to the kitchen.
And that just leaves the witch hat pillow front. That is what I was working on as the girls were painting. Making a pillow was in the plans for the day except that no matter which pillow we were going to tackle or how simple it seemed, it took much longer than expected-or even what we had. And so, we came up with an even better solution-the girls are going to find another day they're both free and come back and their mom-my daughter-is going to join in on that fun.
That being said, I am going to go ahead and finish this pillow one day this week, I'm still deciding where to go next with it because it won't work as a functional pillow the way the inspiration was finished-a sprig of dried "sweet annie" and a large, rusty bell. I can't imagine leaning back on either of those things so I am going to see what I can come up with...I'll let you know.
I'm off to plant my new mums and then grab a quick lunch before figuring out the rest of the day. Stay safe and stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment