decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Popping In!

 Hello. Just popping in on yet another "monsoony" day! I know I have told you how much I am OVER the heat but now, after being on severe drought for the beginning of the summer, we are being washed away-every day! I can't even tell you how happy that I am that I got my autumn decor out because otherwise, I would be even more grumpy than I am! LOL

In any case, just a quick pop in to show you two tweaks that I think I mentioned I might be thinking about.

The first is the "new"-not sure when I should stop calling it "new" as it has been there for quite awhile but...-shelf unit in the living room. When I first got that unit, I didn't really have things to go in the cubbies and being such a symmetrical person, I felt like the two side cubbies should match. For whatever reason, I latched onto the peat pot idea and made some for almost every season/holiday...and, for a bit I was OK with them. Then, they started looking "flat" so I added the candlesticks at Christmas and then just left them because they add to the glow at night even though they might not add that much during the day. Then I started adding the books as risers and what-nots and, again, I was OK for a bit but this swap out left me less than excited. Here is where I started.


It was bothering me so I began to play with it a bit-sorry, no pictures-until daughter #1 was here this past weekend and I mentioned it to her. Believe me, she was more than happy to add her designer input. LOL

She actually didn't have the same adverse opinion of the peat pots as I did but she does NOT like the symmetrical look of the two cubbies like I do. She "shopped" my house and couldn't really find what she would have used but I think what she did find is good and definitely looks better than my last attempt. What do you think? If nothing else, it is more interesting. I guess from here on out I will need to be on the hunt for cute, smallish things for the cubbies.


She's not a fan of the candlesticks-and, honestly, neither am I but I do love the glimmer at night. And so, for now, this is where we are.

And then there is this little cutie. I was still having trouble with how bright the orange was even though I coffee stained it so I tried giving it a nice rubdown with my Tim Holtz walnut distressing ink and that didn't do it either so I whipped up more of the strong coffee mixture and soaked him once again.  And, I think I can handle it now...until I can't and try something else. Lol


He's supposed to look old and primitive so I think he might not be there just yet but he is getting closer.

That's all I've got for today. It looks like we have a couple minute break in the torrential rain so I am going to take my grand dogs out for a bit and then await the return of granddaughter #5 who is staying with me this week. We had a fun night last night and it sure brings back memories of my "girl mom" days. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment