decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, August 13, 2026

PHEW!

 It seems a bit ironic to me that I am sitting here in 105 degree feels like temperatures and making snowmen but that is where I am! I always like to get my ornament for the year done in summertime so I have more time to just enjoy the holiday as it gets here but, that being said, I am glad this one is done! Sometimes you find a craft that you just love doing and are sad when you get done...this wasn't the case this time. LOL

I knew when I started this one that there would be many steps. I only had a picture-no instructions- so maybe there was an easier way to do this than I came up with but, this was my way and I am done. I do think the original might have had the eyes and buttons attached through the back because that area looks more pulled in than mine-and, that would have made them a bit flatter which would probably have been better but I didn't want those knots showing on the backs so....

When last I posted about these cuties, I showed you all of the steps up to that point. Next I had to make some little hang tags. I think the inspiration piece may have used a larger tag because they fit on more "wordage" but I had these so I went the simple route. Luckily I have a lot of alphabet stamps left from scrapbooking days and had some small enough to get the tags made.


After I stamped them I grunged them a bit and started the assembly process! That included adding a hanger with red, white and green butcher's twine, tying on a piece of homespun for the scarf, adding the tag and then the little piece of pine bough. I know that doesn't sound difficult but it took FOREVER.



And they are done! Are they my favorite ornament so far? Definitely not but they are a bit different from any others and I think they will look cute hanging on the tree. That being said, I think I will be looking for another painted one next year. LOL

Thought I would share a sweet moment I had the other night. I had just sat down in my family room when my eyes caught a motion out on my pool deck and my attention was definitely drawn there. Much to my surprise, there were SEVEN young raccoons. When I first saw them it looked like they were drinking out of the pool near the steps but I have actually had some swimming in there so that may have been their next step. I got up and went to the door to see if I could snap a picture and they must have sensed me because before I could get a decent shot, they scampered off and over and under my fence into the neighbor's yard.

I have many acres of undeveloped land behind my house and I found a big hole under my fence at the other end of my yard so I'm guessing that is where they came from but wondering if our hot, dry weather is drawing them out. Daughter #3 encountered one crossing a downtown street the other day and daughter #2 had three in her back yard. They are so darn cute and I hope they are finding ways to make themselves comfortable in this heat-if that means swimming in my pool, I'm fine with that.



I'm still trying to figure out what is going on with my fountain so I'm on my way back out to that right now. I have discovered what it ISN'T so now I have to see if I can figure out what it IS. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment