I'm sure those of you who know me know that this just HAD to happen. I have never been a summer gal but I can usually tolerate it just for the sake of embracing four seasons. But, this year may have done me in! I know I say it every year, but this year has been the worst! Between "feels like" temps and thunder storms, outside time was few and far between-at least enjoyable outside time! And so, I held off as long as I could but I could hold off no longer!
And here we are...autumn has arrived and as long as I don't open a door, I can pretend that it is happening and I can bask in this beautiful season with all of the looks and smells even if the "feels" haven't quite caught up. Lol
I'm still waiting for mums for the front porch so let's start in the living room.
The only change I made here is that I took down the old fashioned mailbox that usually hangs here because, no matter how I arranged the leaves, most of the mailbox was covered and just no longer working in this vignette.
I made the raven canvas and added it to a frame last year and put him above the dough bowl with the raven "light" that daughter #3 gifted to me. I think the image echoes the bowl perfectly.
I love that the raven holds the light bulb in his beak-it definitely shows up better at night and adds just a touch of sparkle to this area.
I added the pick of velvet pumpkins to the leaves last year and I love the way they look.
Look! Do you see what's there? My daughter just dropped off my grand dog along with the second of my chairs. Now I have the pair and I am so excited!
Here's my furry friend. No matter how I coaxed or cajoled, I couldn't get him out of this picture. Lol
As I'm looking at the picture I am realizing that the green books just look too level and flat. I have a few more so I think I will be tweaking this spot soon.
It was near impossible to get a good picture of this cutie. I shut the drapes, turned it and stood right in front of it and I couldn't block all of the glare no matter what. But, this is another of those stacked book images. I just might have one for about every holiday but I am obsessed with them for some reason.
I added one of the new autumn candle rings under the tin pumpkin. That guy was "tin" colored for many years until I added the gold leaf plate last year and it just didn't look right any more. Nothing that a quick swipe of gold Rub n' Buff couldn't fix.
It's kind of hard to see here but this is the wood pumpkin from HL. I just broke off the stem, added a stained wood candle cup, some foliage and the candle and it's really cute.
I still love my "autumn" sign that is now over the mirror. It has hung in many places over the years since I bought it at SteinMart-remember that store? I used to love shopping there and my store was in the same plaza as where our Michaels used to be right by our largest Walmart. I could definitely "kill lots of birds with one stone" there. I loved that SteinMart was so seasonal/holiday not just with their home things but also their clothing and jewelry.
When I bought this sign it was all in black and white but I felt like it needed a bit of help so I used my oil pastels to add the shades of orange to just some of the pumpkins and now I feel like it pops a bit more.
So that is the living room for this year-so far. You know everything is always open to tweaking and I think I am ready to start rethinking the cubbies on the shelf unit. I just might be over the peat pots-we shall see.
My grand dog not only brought me my chair but another little gift to thank me for watching him. I actually think he may be buttering me up for another extended visit in a few weeks. LOL If he only knew how much I enjoy having him here. I really don't need any gifts but I won't say no to this one.
It will go perfectly with the one that I made at my daughter's Halloween get-together last year.
After being reminded of this I might run to Walmart to pick up two more of their small "paintings" for my granddaughters to embellish when they visit. These things are cute.
Our storm has finally tapered off so I am heading out with Bennett to give him some exercise before we sit down, put our feet up and wait for daughter #1 to return from her day in Gainesville. Stay safe and stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment