decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 29, 2022

Hitting the Week Running.

 Even though there are only a few days left until the calendar says "September", someone forgot to tell Mother Nature and it is still pretty hot and sticky around here. We have been having rain almost every afternoon as well so everything is still drippy. I have a list of outdoor chores to tackle so I thought I should probably get out there early and get them done. I accomplished everything except getting up on the ladder and into all of the vines - mostly jasmine and sky vine - to give them all another trim back. The vines are all still just too wet so that project will have to wait a bit. But, everything else is done and I am now back inside...and happy to be so!

In any case, since I'm here, let's continue our tour. I think we're ready to head into the sunroom.



So that's the sunroom for this year...all pretty self explanatory and nothing new. I did add some string lights to the dough bowl in the dining room. I happened in there last night and the orange candle - which is on a timer - was on. It looked so pretty and I had this set of lights already so I thought I would give them a try. It's hard to get a good picture during the day but I think it will be very pretty tonight when the candle is twinkling also.


I also had a "new eyes" moment today. I just happened to look at my mailbox - which I do at least once a day - but, today I saw it with new eyes...and I was appalled that it took me this long to "see" it as it was. I bought a new mailbox and post a number of years ago. The box was a dark metal and the trim was a shiny new copper. In time, the copper has turned a beautiful verdi gris and the box itself has just faded! Since I always have cans of antique bronze spray paint and painter's tape at the ready, I headed out to give it a try. I taped off everything that is copper and just gave the rest of it a few light coats of the paint and, voila, it looks almost as good as new. Definitely less expensive than buying a new one! It always amazes me how I can look at something over and over and it never bothers me...until it does. Lol


In any case, I'm off to see what else needs doing this week. Stay safe and stay tuned. 







 


No comments:

Post a Comment