decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 5, 2022

What a Labor Day!!

 Happy Labor Day! This has been a much more intensive weekend then I imagined. My initial plans were for Friday night football and then grand dog sitting the rest of the time. My daughter and family were off again for the holiday and Hazel and I would be holding down the fort...after our Friday night game.

And, what a game it was. Once again my son-in-law took the huge smoker out to the tailgate field and we set up for the game. It is always so much fun and you sure meet a lot of people once that smoke and aroma gets going...everyone is always invited! And now we have a scoreboard in the tailgate section so we can stay up on all of the stats from our comfy seats! Lol

In any case, it was a fabulous game and we ended up beating a team ranked a lot higher than we are so it was a great night with smiles all around!

And, we squeezed in a celebration for my son-in-law's 50th birthday! That cake was so large we fed anyone who even came by us and there was still tons left over!

Hazel and I headed home after the game and got a good night's sleep before the "fun" started on Saturday. Our day was pretty much planned for us since this happened on Friday!

A perfectly healthy branch the size of a tree fell from my backyard into my side yard and all the way into my neighbor's yard. I felt like I had to get as much out of there as I could to free up her yard so, Hazel and I set out early in the morning and about 3 1/2-4 hours ( and a million and a half steps ) later, we had this!


Thankfully, sharp loppers and hand clippers got me this far. Sadly, what is left could be a problem. The largest part of the branch is still snagged in the tree and it looks like it is going to be tricky to get it down without taking out a person or the fence. It's looking like I might have to call in the professionals on this one!

And, as if that wasn't enough fun for one weekend...this morning Hazel and I were out back playing for a bit. As we came back into the house, we heard a large BOOM from the family room and my first impulse was that the broken skylight finally decided to cave in and fall. Happily, it was my long lost handyman on the roof getting ready to replace the skylight. Apparently he had sent me a message but Hazel and I were having too much fun to pay attention to the phone. Lol

In any case, I finally have one more thing off of the never ending to-do list. I guess our rainy summer season is what kept this one from happening sooner...thank goodness for a sunny Labor Day!

So, with all of that behind us, I think Hazel and I are going to settle in and enjoy the rest of the day "labor" free. I hope everyone else is doing the same! Stay safe and stay tuned.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment