decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Back to the Matter at Hand

Labor Day is over so I am getting back to thinking about autumn and all of the fun things to come. Of course there will be much football but, it looks like I also have a fairly long trip to St. Pete ( with all sorts of fun things while I'm there ), a trip to see Mannheim Steamroller in St. Augustine and an adventure down to Key West for my grandson's football game combined with a bit of a family vacation. All of that and my favorite season and Halloween to boot! Now if the temperatures would co-operate...even just a bit.

In any case, Hazel will be with me until tomorrow when we have a JV game at night and then we have a varsity game in Gainesville on Thursday so I guess I have another busy week ahead. With yesterday being a holiday, I am already confused as to what day it is and what is happening and then they throw in the football games on other than "normal" nights and I will be totally mixed up by Friday! Lol

Let's head into the family room while I can still tell what day it is.




Even though I still really love the traditional colors of autumn, I am being swayed just a bit to the softer more muted colors as well. I love the addition of the flowers to the mantle and the softer pumpkin that I made last year...and, of course, I am still in love with the pallet sign I made a number of years ago.


Since these shelves are so dark and deep, I am loving this year's addition of the light up pumpkin.


This room is always so pretty at night but I can never seem to capture a good picture. This one is the best I have so far but maybe you can get just a bit of a feel of the autumn ambience when the candles are on.

So that is the family room for this year. I'm off to tackle some chores but I'll be back soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.








 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment