decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, September 8, 2022

Come On Mother Nature!

 So all summer long I hold my breath for September! I know it won't mean an immediate change to autumn temperatures but I at least expect it to feel like it may eventually happen. Not so this year. Not only is it still "breath-takingly" - literally - hot but we are having rain almost every day. I know I say this about almost every weather issue we have, but, I don't think I ever remember it being quite this hot and wet in September! And, for the first time in a long time, we had a game called last night due to dangerous weather.

It was our Trinity Catholic H.S. JV game and my grandson was in as snapper and center. He did a great job and by the half, we were leading 30-0 against a local rival! This team has been a rival since my girls were in school so that is quite a long time! We had been seeing lightning in the dark clouds and the start of the game was delayed but we actually thought the storm was heading away from us. At halftime, my son-in-law - who is our county engineer - received a call informing him of some very inclement weather about to hit the county so he could be prepared to get called away in event of another tornado coming through. He told us to head home right about the same time everyone else was receiving the news and then the game was called. Everyone got out and home safely and, by the time I got back to my house, I discovered that I hadn't even gotten a drop of rain. I guess the storm was centered over the southern part of the county. In any event, we all enjoyed what we saw. Unfortunately, we didn't get any football player/family pictures but Hud knew we were all there cheering him on. 

Here he is waiting to head into the game (#32) and a picture of our new sign - which started morphing right as I snapped the picture. lol Tonight we are off to Gainesville where we will meet the rest of the family for our varsity game. Right now the weather isn't looking all that great but things can change in a snap around here so we shall see.



 And then tomorrow, I am off with daughter #3 to an open house in one of the last whole house, new build design projects she just finished. The homeowners are so happy with the house they are holding an open house for everyone involved and I know my ears will be ringing as I hear many, many compliments on the design my daughter brought into this beautiful new home. I could not be more proud of her.

I had started to make my weekend list of to-dos but have decided to wait and see if we have more liquid sunshine in store or not. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment