decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Carpe Diem!

As much as I have been enjoying the lingering summer days out in my pool in the late afternoons since we have had a break from our usual afternoon thunderstorms, I am not giving up my relentless whining about the absolute sweltering heat we are still having and my need for it to be OVER!

And so, with that looming foremost in my mind, I just had to get the house decorated for autumn. I love my sunflowers but, somehow, at this point of the year, every one of those bright yellow sunflower faces seem to represent the heat of the sun...and, oddly enough, more and more each day that they remained in their spots. And if you are a follower, you know that there is no escaping those faces anywhere in my home in the summer.

And so, I seized the day...or days as it were. I had a few with no other commitments and so I bit the bullet and got going. And, boy am I glad I did! Everything in my house seems calmer and cooler now that the autumn leaves and pumpkins have taken over.

And, as so often is my case, serendipity struck again. I am never finished with the new decor until the flowers on the porch match the theme...and, admittedly, it is a bit early for fresh mums but, I found them the other day. And now, all is right with the world! And so, before anything changes (lol), let's start our 2022 autumn tour.




I may have just a bit too much in this vignette. As I look at this picture, I'm having trouble seeing what is what. lol



I still love the little pumpkin patch sign I made that allowed me to personalize it with my hometown. Hanging on that wood slat pumpkin from HL it looks like they were made to go together.

And, of course, I love the wooden tags that I got obsessed with making last year.




I still love the little pumpkin patch pillow that my cousin made for me a few years ago.


So this is where the $Tree "tin tile" pumpkin found a home.

Here is what the coffee table currently looks like. If you look at the "full" pictures of the room I have posted, the fresh mum is not there. I truly didn't want to re-take and re-edit all of the pictures so I just did this one update now that I found the mums...hope that's OK with you. lol

That is the porch and living room for this year. I am so happy that I rushed the season a bit because this truly is my favorite "feel" of the year...not to mention smell and taste. I ran out the other day and the "pumpkin spices" have hit the shelves so now I am once again enjoying starting my day off with the flavor of the season...not to mention the smell of the candles and the colors of the lights and....well, probably enough said. I am a happy camper.

I got to have a lovely day with lunch out with a good friend yesterday and now that school has started, so has football. Our varsity team has their first game tomorrow night. Looks like it might be a bit stormy but, we'll see. Here is a picture from last week's scrimmage game...

...and my handsome grandson's senior picture! Yikes! Wasn't it just yesterday that I sat with him as we sang every Thomas song as we moved along the trains?!? Just don't know where the years go! Stay safe and stay tuned.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment