decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Biding My Time

My new A/C unit is installed and working perfectly...wish I could say the same for my new cable box. It is definitely working better than the old one but there are still issues going on somewhere. Right now, I'm not calling because, after the last two weeks, my feelings are that something is better than nothing but, I think I might be close to calling it quits with cable. We shall see.

In any case, my car is now done as well but there isn't anybody free today to get me over there to pick it up so I will be at home at least one more day...which, quite honestly with the look of the sky right now, I'm perfectly fine with.

But, I was looking for something to do and I came across two images I had printed awhile ago. I still have a big stack of canvases so, I thought I would do what I seem to be hooked on doing...a simple decoupage. The one for Halloween is pretty straight forward...nothing fabulous but, again, I'm sure I can find a shelf where it can sit.



The one for autumn has a chalkboard look and, since I was having trouble trying to blend paints to get that feel, I ended up actually taking a piece of white chalk and smearing it around the edges. I'm not sure how that will hold up but I like the way it looks for now, Again, not sure where it's going but it will find a home...and very soon if I have anything to do with it. As soon as I know I have three days with nothing on the calendar, the switch from sunflowers to autumn will happen. Stay safe and stay tuned.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment