decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, August 26, 2022

Time for the "Martha" Return

After a pretty thunder storm free summer, Mother Nature wanted to remind us that she is still in charge and, we have been having afternoons of much thunder, lightning and rain for the better part of a week and the predictions go on for a bit. And so, since it is dreary (again, even though my grass looks better than it has in years) outside but autumn inside, my mind went to soup. I'm not usually a fan of soup in warm weather but, I love to make a large pot of some favorite soup and eat off of it for a long time...and so, yesterday that happened. I have a few favorite recipes but, my all time favorite is from Martha Stewart. It is a vermicelli vegetable soup and is so full of veggies and pasta that it is more like eating a bowl of spaghetti - which, of course, I love even more! 

This recipe makes a huge pot of soup and I get even more because I can never just use the 8 cups of broth required - it almost always takes 3-4 more cups to get enough liquid to even still call it a soup. And, I only use about a pound of green beans even thought it calls for 2#. Also, I use vegetable broth instead of chicken. And, if you look closely, I even threw in some frozen peas that I had left in the freezer. Guess I was feeling like a rebel yesterday. Lol

I have gotten rid of so many of my cookbooks but I will always hold onto this one. I use a lot of the recipes in here. I think this was Martha's first cookbook and I love it because it centers around holidays and occasions.


It does take awhile to do all of the veggie prep but once that's done, the soup is easy to make...and, think of how many dinners I won't have to cook again as I eat on this for quite awhile! Happy Fall! Stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment