decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 22, 2022

Salvaging a Day!

 I knew today was going to be a bit difficult in that I had two service men expected with windows so wide I could drive a car through them. But, alas, there is nothing that can be done about it so I got on with the day. I was showered, dressed and house straightened up by 8 A.M. and the first to arrive wasn't too much later than that. He was actually a city inspector here to check out the new A/C unit. As expected (by me at least because my A/C company is top notch), we passed with flying colors. And then I started the next wait...and, it is now 4:56 P.M. and I am still waiting and have not heard a word. This was to be my skylight replacement and he said "weather permitting". We had quite the thunder storm a bit ago and it is still sprinkling a bit so I totally expected a "postponement" text...but, so far nothing. I know from experience that he works pretty late so I guess there might still be a chance but????

And, all the while this waiting is going on, I am once again waiting for another cable guy-yes, I have had them here the last 3 weekends!!!. In fact, one was here yesterday and literally less than 30 minutes later, the TV was doing things I've never seen - and over the years, I thought I have seen it all with Cox Cable. It seems as if they live at my house and NO ONE can figure out why the signal is not getting in. They have rewired, buried cables, changed equipment, you name it and still it does not work!

And, now it is worse than it was before the guy was here yesterday as it is on a continual reboot cycle until it finally just loses all power! They are supposed to be here between 8-10 A.M. tomorrow so we shall see!

You might be able to tell by the tone of this post just how totally frustrated I am! But, I wasn't going to let today go by as a total waste. I did some reading and then decided to pull out some images and make a few more Halloween canvases-just what I need. Lol

In any case, I made "The Raven" and the witch - the other one is from the other day. I'm definitely in a rut but my heart wasn't really into it. I just needed to keep busy. I couldn't leave and I couldn't be outside in thunderstorms. What's a girl to do?



So that's what I have to show for my day. Guess I'm off to continue waiting...or until I hear that he really isn't coming. Like I used to tell my girls- a simple phone call would suffice! COMMUNICATE please. Stay safe and stay tuned...I bet you just can't wait to hear how this plays out. Lol



No comments:

Post a Comment