decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Moving Forward

 When I last posted, I was waiting for service men. I am still waiting although, two of the three have been here and after a good bit of nail biting, a long term issue in my house may have finally been solved!!

I have had Cox Cable for as long as I have lived in Ocala - I think. That's a loonnnggg time! We have had many issues over the years for all sorts of reasons - many stemming from the fact that we had 5 TiVos in our house and really didn't want to give them up. But, finally, I gave up and bundled with Cox. And so it started!!! They might as well have taken up residence in one of my guest rooms - that is how often they have been here. Sometimes for days on end. They did everything and still nothing worked. We had huge trucks out front with big satellite dishes on top trying...and still nothing worked. They kept insisting it was the signal in the area and they couldn't track down the issue. In the meantime, I was paying more and more each month and couldn't watch TV...until yesterday when a technician showed up who realized that they have been constantly upgrading the cable box without realizing that my family room TV is an older model and the two things were not able to talk to each other. Once he installed some funny looking cable, all issues seem to be fixed. Fingers crossed!

But, I am still waiting for the skylight guy. He did come by and took home the replacement skylight I bought and is now trying to figure out how to "MacGyver" it so he doesn't actually involve the hole into the roof?!? Again, fingers crossed. I've been crossing fingers so much this week, it's amazing I'm able to type this post. Lol

So, with those issues as settled as they are going to be for now, let's get back to our tour. I am so thankful that I got my autumn decorating done early. At least I have a peaceful place to land when I can't control everything else that is going on around me.

I think we're ready for the dining room.







Wow! Those of you who know me know that it's not often that I don't have something to say. Lol I guess the dining room is much the same as it was last year. Nothing new added with the possible exception of a few added "floppy" leaf branches in the dough bowl. That's it!

I'll probably be missing for a few days. I really need to run some errands tomorrow and then, Friday is football day but, since this week's game is in Tallahassee and a bit of a trek...and grand daughter #5 would rather stay home and go to her church youth group activity that night...I'll be the one seeing that that happens and then having her here for the night...and, hopefully getting updates from the rest of the family. Stay safe and stay tuned.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment