decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 7, 2022

Yep, It's Official!

 It is totally official! I am either out of Valentine ideas or I am just kind of over hearts and all things red...lol Valentine's has always been a hard day for me to decorate and craft for...mostly because I am just not a fan of the colors. But, you know I love all things holiday, so I persist.

For whatever reason, I seem to be having an even harder time coming up with ideas this year. Everyone is doing the exact same thing as has been done for years. I guess there are just so many new ideas to go around.

In any case, I found a few crafts to do and I was happy until I decided that I needed to get out some cards...and I usually make my cards. I looked for ideas in all the usual places, but nothing was hitting me. And so, I decided...NO cards this year. Until I couldn't live with that. And so, I found something I could do with what I have on hand and without too much fuss. They are definitely not my finest hour but I think they get the point across...and, as they say, it's the thought that counts.

All I had to do was cut the paper, punch out a bunch of small hearts from different colored Valentine paper, stamp the sentiments and assemble. They're cute and I got them done in just about enough time to reach everyone on the list.




 

Daughter #2 had a milestone birthday on Saturday. I knew I would be seeing her on Tuesday so I called and talked to her and thought that would be it for that day. Until, much later in the day when daughter #3 sent me a message and said that since she wouldn't get to see her sister on Tuesday she and her daughter were going to make a trip up to surprise Becky with a quick visit and did I want to come. She didn't need to ask twice and, in about twenty minutes I was ready and we were off. We had the nicest visit and got to see her whole family as well. Now, I await the arrival of daughter #1. She is coming and will spend the night and then tomorrow we are off to Jacksonville to meet as many of the family as can make it to help Becky celebrate her Big 50 with the Imagine Dragons concert, a night in the city and then some fun stops on Wednesday. I haven't been to a concert since Kelly Clarkson-and that was pretty tame-so I'm not sure what to expect but I am excited to be able to have some more family time. I'll let you know how it all goes. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment