decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day!

So my life is much like the weather saying here in Florida...wait 10 minutes and it will change! Lol Every time I have a blank calendar, something unexpected comes along and it fills up. That was what happened this weekend.

Those of you who have followed for awhile know that my husband and I did "weekends at Nana and Papa's" for every holiday for many, many years. We started that back when our first grand was just a toddler and she is almost 26 years old! And, of course, as the number of grands grew, so did the size of the weekend. We were blessed to be able to do them with all seven for many years. But, as time went on and the kids got older, went off to colleges and then jobs and responsibilities of their own, we were down to the three youngest...who just happen to live in the same town as I do so it was easy.

But, alas, they too are growing and super active in all things "teenager" these days. And so, I sadly didn't plan a Valentine weekend this year. And then I get a message from daughter #3 (their mom) asking if I was doing anything. It seems as if my youngest grand daughter wanted to come over...and the boys too as their schedule permitted. And so, I got into "super Nana" mode and got busy! Luckily, I've been doing all of this for so many years that I have an arsenal at my disposal. I just pulled a boat load of craft supplies, ran to the grocery store for a some easy heart day foods and we were good to go.

I picked up Presley first and she and I headed to Publix just to make sure we had all that we needed. The we came home and she headed to the kitchen. She is a good little baker and can pretty much handle anything thrown at her. Today the plan was to make Martha Stewart brownies and cake balls and Rolo Pretzel treats. I figured this could be a gift from her to her family along with the Red Hot Popcorn I had made and the chocolate that I picked up at Sweet Petes in Jax. I will say, I am not much of a "chocolate person" but these brownies are a cross somewhere between a brownie and fudge and they really are delicious!



While they were baking I showed her all of the supplies I had and before I was even done, she asked if I had any more clear glass plates around. Do I have any clear glass plates around...ha! I was a G.S. - I'm always prepared. Lol She loves making the decoupaged plates and so that is what she wanted to do...and she did.



At this point it looked like it was only going to be Presley and Nana so we started our dinner plans. We kept it simple but still enough Valentine's to make both of us traditionalists happy.





We were just settling down for a movie when we got a message from Hudson. If we could come get him he would like to come spend the night. And so, off we go (dog included) to pick him up. And then, just as the movie got going, the doorbell rings and here comes my oldest grandson and his girlfriend who had just come from a nice Valentine's dinner downtown. My heart was definitely full because with all of the other things in the world there are to do, these four kids are here with their old Nana. 


Har and "Alex" headed home after the movie and Presley, Hudson, Hazel and I hunkered down for another. Definitely past my bedtime when we all called it a night but I didn't care.

The kids slept in late on Sunday and before I knew it, Hud was off to a previous commitment and Presley and I were getting breakfast put together. Again, much simpler that usual...just heart shaped pink pancakes, fruit and bacon.

With the rest of the day ahead of us, I gave Presley any option that she wanted but she is a lover of playing games so I think we played about every game I still own...with the exception of Monopoly...where I draw the line. Note to self...get RID of that game so it never has to come up in conversation again. Lol


So here I am on the "real" day feeling very loved. Not only did I have a wonderful unexpected weekend but I got lots of flowers and even a gift along the way!


And, in a few hours, Valentine's Day 2022 will be over and I will be on to all things GREEN! I've already got plans under way so, stay safe and stay tuned.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment