decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Made Me Feel Young Again!

 I am back and, I must say, I had a fabulous few days. As many of our family as could get away headed to Jacksonville to finish celebrating daughter #2's 50th birthday. From the minute that we checked into the hotel, we never stopped...nor did we ever drive! We walked everywhere we went and, even my daughters will admit, the distances were a bit farther than they had thought! Lol But, I am still alive and it was fun!

Once we were all there we headed out to grab a bite before heading to the venue. We happened upon a small restaurant and all found something that we loved. Then, on we went.

Becky loves Imagine Dragons and this was her choice.


I will say that I wasn't at all familiar with Imagine Dragons...I had heard of them but that was about it. But, I knew I would love the whole thing just because I was making memories with my family. I will will also say that no one was more surprised than me when I realized that I was really loving the entire experience...the pyrotechnics, smoke, loud music, crowd participation, etc. It was all exhilarating and I am so glad I was there. It was wonderful to see my two daughters and two grand daughters dancing and singing through the whole thing!







By the time we walked back to the hotel, we were tired but still ready to gab as "girls" will do. It was a fun night.

On Wednesday, we walked downtown to find a quick breakfast and then walked through the city until we arrived at Sweet Petes. The birthday girl loves her sweets so we knew this surprise was a must for us...and it didn't disappoint,. It is three stories full of "sweetness" and we were all "like kids in a candy store"-Lol I am not the world's biggest sweets fan but I would have killed for all of their Valentine's decor!


 




We got to see how the candy was made and then in another room we saw how it is packaged.


As you might imagine, we spent a lot of time looking up in this place. Everything was beautiful! And, I was able to find some Valentine goodies for some of the grands who couldn't be here.

When we left downtown, we headed to the Town Center shopping area and not only enjoyed all of the wonderful "big city" stores but also the beautiful weather. And then it was time to say "until the next time" and head home.

Today I am just kind of catching up on loose ends and doing some reading while the wash gets done. I'm not sure what my next adventure will be but I will definitely bring you along. Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment