decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, February 17, 2022

There's NO Denying!

There is absolutely no denying it...I love the green. I love it in my home, in nature, in art, in my clothing...well, you get the idea! And so, as much as I love all holiday decor, I am always a little extra happy when the red of Valentine's Day comes down and the greens of St. Patrick's Day appear. I truly believe my blood pressure goes down 20 points! Lol

And so, I have finished my St. Pat's house decor for this year. I haven't exactly finished putting everything away but, lucky for me, the porch and living room are ready to go so, let's start there.

I have several shamrock plants that seem to just pop up this time of year even though there was actually something else planted in the pot. That is the case with one of the urns. The shamrock is beautiful and already blooming but so is the mum whose pot it is invading. If I had seen this earlier, I could have separated them but, believe me I tried the other day and there is just no way without ruining one or the other - and, it would probably be the shamrock since it grows from such thin and delicate stems and tubers. And so, I am pretending that I don't see that rust color popping through. The smaller pot is just starting to come back and the large urn in the front will take some time as it is currently filled with just little shoots that I have dug up from all around the yard wherever they decided to grow. I also have some Blue Daze in there trying to also come back from a winter of my neglect. Lol





So please come in.

I love that little framed shamrock. I just printed the image on a dictionary page with "shamrock" in the list of words...so simple.

I still love my leprechaun hat that my grand daughters and I made many years ago and I think it is still my most "pinned" image on Pinterest. It is always so fun to be scrolling new ideas on Pinterest and see this image roll by. The funny thing is that I didn't post it. Some blog that features terra cotta pot art did but gave me the credit and it sent tons of people to my blog. Since I just do this for fun, family and friends, it is interesting to me to see how things out there in media land can grow so quickly and people have the potential to make money from it. That could never be me because once there is pressure, the fun would disappear quickly.





I decided to bring the dough bowl back again this year mostly because I made all of those "little" crafts last year and really can't think of another way to use them.




So that is the living room so far. There may be some tweaks because I have just started to look for some new St. Pat's ideas...we shall see. I am off to get the rest of Valentine's Day put away. It should be done by now but I have legit reasons to procrastinate. First, I am waking up to this every morning and I really don't want to leave the bed. I moved two of my Valentine arrangements into the bay window and the larger one is next to my chair in the family room. Is there any wonder why I just want to stay and soak in all of their beauty? I love flowers and all three of my Valentine arrangements this year feature flowers that aren't in the "normal" bouquets I am used to. They're just so pretty.

And my second excuse is that I had to stop early yesterday to get ready because grandson #1 wasn't happy just playing football. He was instrumental in bringing a lacrosse team back to his high school after it was dropped years back and of course, he is on the team. He is actually a captain on this squad as well as his football team. I really don't know a lot about the rules of this game - in fact after watching him play in a few traveling team tournaments, to me it kind of looked like all of the players were just having a mad free-for-all out on the field. But, last night the coach of a rival H.S. lacrosse team (who was Har's coach on his traveling team) sat with us and began filling in some of the blanks and answering some of our questions. Apparently I showed my total lack of knowledge when I asked why Harrison was in "time out"...I guess it is called the penalty box. Oh well, I'm always good for a laugh and at my age, I can get away with it now! Lol

I have so much more to share once I finally get moving. I'll be back. Stay safe and stay tuned.












No comments:

Post a Comment