decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

The Beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway

Wow! Halloween and the taking down of Halloween and putting up of Thanksgiving...not to mention a football game that resulted in a broken hand and a surgery for my youngest grandson...have really left me behind. I am trying to get caught up on everything this week before the weekend fun starts all over again. And so, let me take you with us on our last day of vacation in N.C. We first headed along the Blue Ridge Parkway. I took SO many pictures...only sharing a fraction...but the color this year was better than our last visit and the temperatures were perfect.
















After we had stopped at about every scenic overlook along the way, we were getting hungry so we headed to Brevard where my daughter and grand daughter have a favorite lunch spot. The last time I was here with them, it was closed so this was my first visit. It is a true old time soda fountain place and it didn't disappoint from all of the good things I had heard. After lunch we walked around town a bit and then were off to find an orchard.


Justus Orchards is usually the family stop but, for some reason, we decided to try a new spot this year. We knew that all of the orchards no longer had apples to pick but, there were still plenty of apples, cider and doughnuts to buy! This orchard also had a lot of other things going on so we enjoyed shooting apples from the cannon, watching the children enjoy rides on the trains, petting the small animals around and having a delicious frozen apple cider before we had to hit the road and get out of the mountains before dark.








The next morning we hit the road. It is a pretty long trip first to Gainesville where my granddaughter had left her car...and still had to run by her apartment in Tallahassee before heading to Alabama to pick up her dog...then to Ocala to drop me off and on to St. Pete for my daughter. Many miles of driving this trip but we are all home safe and sound and waiting for our next adventure!

As I said, I had a busy weekend ending with Halloween at daughter #3's house but that will have to wait for another day! Stay safe and stay tuned.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment