decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Autumn is Flying By!

I changed my plans for today and I figured I would use a bit of my time to take you into the family room. As much as I am not crazy about the day getting darker an hour earlier now, I do love sitting in this room when all of the twinkly lights and candles pop on. It is really hard for me to believe that Thanksgiving is next week and then all of my favorite season decor will be packed away once again. I do love Christmas and all of the decorations that come with it but I always miss my autumn colors when they're gone.




I like the way the $Tree burlap leaves look hanging from the light wires. And, I still love the "harvest" burlap banner my cousin made me a number of years ago.



One of my student's moms made this for me oh so many years ago. Back then, it was embellished with a country red ribbon. As my tastes have changed over the years, the ribbon no longer worked but, I love the turkey wreath so I just changed it out by adding some autumn leaves, a plaid bow and an acorn. He usually hangs on the door of the antique red cabinet but, since I am still having trouble decorating these deep, dark, LARGE shelves on the TV unit, I tried him here this year and I  like it.





So that is the family room for this year. Not a lot of change because, quite frankly, it is hard to find new Thanksgiving ideas. Everyone seems to be jumping straight ahead to Christmas these days...including stores... so the Thanksgiving things are few and far between. Lucky me for, I am a bit of a hoarder saver, so, I have enough to set the mood for the day. 

I'm off to try another craft idea I have floating around in my head. If it works, I'll share soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment