decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Where Is the Time Going?

 Each time I find my way into my office to try to catch you up on my goings on, I realize just how quickly the days go by. There just never seems to be enough hours in the days to get done everything that I want and need to do. Maybe the problem is that I tend to do the things that I want to do before I head to the things that need to be done! Lol In any case, I am never caught up!

I was trying to get some of the things I have put off accomplished this week but, I have had a few appointments and by the time I get home, I am really not in the mood to start anything big. And so today, I woke up thinking that I would wax my wood floors. Of course, the weather prediction is for rain and it has already been drizzling so I didn't want to wax floors in this humidity. Instead, I headed out to the sunroom to wash down the brick walls as well as the slate floor. That room is a doozy to really clean because it has so much rough-sawn wood...everything catches on that wood and it is near impossible to get it all off. I have all of that done now and, since I won't be able to get to the outside windows today, here I am. Lol

I got to spend a lot of yesterday with my oldest grand son...and, I can't think of a nicer way to spend the day. He had Grandparents Day at his high school (Trinity Catholic) and I was invited for the festivities. The day started at a mass with the entire student body and it was so nice to see all of these young people taking part in the service. After mass, we headed out into their beautiful courtyard where my grandson introduced me to half of the student body...or at least so it seemed. He is quite the social butterfly and seems to know everyone. It was special to hear so many of the administrators and teachers tell me what a fine young man he is...although, of course, I already know that. Lol After our socializing, we were seated for breakfast - which was delicious and I have no idea how they could possibly serve such a lovely breakfast to so many at the same time. We had a veggie omelet/crustless quiche, home fries, bacon, sausage, french toast with lemon cello syrup, juice and coffee. And then to top off the day, they offered us a picture momento. A lot of the kids didn't want to do that but Harrison had no problem standing in line and waiting our turn. Of course, he knew Nana was going to check him out for the rest of the day so maybe he wasn't taking any chances. Lol  

While I wait for the slate to dry, let's head into the kitchen.

 

I seriously wish that I had thought of this. I am so holiday OCD that I always made sure that my hand soap and dish detergent matched the color of the season but I never thought about matching the scents! Thank goodness Mrs. Meyers did! Lol






I had a really hard time with the lighting trying to get a good picture of this candelabra but, I haven't had it out for years. I truly don't know why except that I must have stored it somewhere not in obvious sight until I came upon it this year. This is truly one of the very first rusty things that I ever got. I fell in love with it in a little shop downtown and it was actually ridiculously expensive and I wouldn't buy it for myself. But I did "mention" it to my husband...like, what store it was in, how much it was, exactly where it was in said store, etc. And, really to no surprise to me, he arrived home with it a day or two later. I loved it so much and it was always out somewhere...until, for whatever reason, I put it up for some holiday and it hasn't been out since. It is like a long time friend re-visited!





So that is the kitchen for this year. I must admit that I am starting to think about Christmas decor...mostly because I know that if I want to add anything new to the mix, I will need to get it now or risk everything being gone by the time I get out. Maybe I will head out tomorrow if the sun is shining. I know you're on the edge of your seat waiting to see what comes next. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment