decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 8, 2021

Happy Fall Y'all!!

I know I sound like a broken record, but time is just going way too quickly these days! I can not believe that my favorite season is almost over! Although September and October were both chock full of many, many autumnal activities and I made so many new memories, it still seems like it has gone by much too quickly! In any case, plans are now in progress for Thanksgiving, district HS football playoffs that Friday (including another huge tailgate), and yet another huge tailgate and the FL/FSU game. We are still a house divided so this will be fun!

With all of that being said...and the weeks just flying by...I think it is time to begin our Thanksgiving 2021 house tour. Come on along for the porch and living room reveal today.


Thank goodness the mums are all just starting their second blooms as most of the stores are sold out and bringing in poinsettias already!

















I absolutely love the colors in the house at this time of the year. They are the colors that make my heart happy!
 




So that is the living room. Not a lot of change from last year but, it always seems like by the time I am done with Halloween, Thanksgiving is almost here and I just don't have as much time to think about new things to make or even buy...the stores are getting wiped out earlier and earlier every year. Hopefully I have everything I want for Christmas this year because I haven't really even begun checking out what the stores have and I'm hearing that the shelves are already getting bare! Luckily for me, I just love lots of greenery for Christmas so I think I will be good. I still haven't even decided on an ornament to make let alone shop for the supplies so I might be playing a bit of catch-up for the next weeks. Again, luckily, my grand children are almost all adults so shopping is a simple matter of cash and gift cards these days. It is what they like best so they can get exactly what they want and it is a no-brainer for me. Win/win situation.

I'm off to get a few chores done before a pretty busy week so stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment