decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, November 12, 2021

Shiny and Bright

I almost feel like I should take all of these pictures over again now that the floors in the kitchen and dining room are all shiny and bright. I finally found enough sun in a day to get them done and they look so good. I am posting this blog as I wait for them to dry. I still have to do the living room and hall but there is always tomorrow.

So, if you can see the floor in any of these pictures, just pretend that the shine is blinding you! Lol


I'm always happy when I can find a way to not only use the long, wood box that I made but also the velvet pumpkins...and so, when I can use them together...all the better!

I love decorating this time of the year because I can use so many of my old antique store finds. Many of them are a bit too "country" to use in my home all of the time any more but they bring back memories of cozy times to me so I love them around Thanksgiving.



I'm also happy that I thought about hanging this pallet sign that I made. It sits on the FR mantle during September but then used to go back to storage afterward because the Thanksgiving mantle is already full. But, I love that sign and a few years ago when I was taking down the witch for Halloween, I realized that this could come back out for another month hanging here. Yay me. Lol


So that is the dining room for this year. Even though we won't be doing the Thanksgiving meal at my house, I will have some company staying over the weekend so I am looking forward to seeing this table full once again. We bought this table many years ago at Habersham Plantation and I love the fact that it will open up far enough that I can seat the majority of the family around it. If we are all here, we do overflow to the round table out in the sunroom but that is usually where the "kids" would rather be any way so it is all good. 

We have a bye week for HS football but I will be back cheering on both the MCYFL Sr Wildcats and the Gators tomorrow. Stay safe and stay tuned.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment