decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 29, 2021

End of the Journey...Almost

We all woke up early on Thursday morning as we had to grab some breakfast and get daughter #3 to the airport for her flight back to Florida. My grandson had a game that night in Lakeland that she just couldn't miss. After we said good-bye, we were off to the Biltmore House. We have been here before but it is still always beautiful to behold. We planned to make a day of it so there was no rush...just lots of walking...mostly always uphill!! Lol







After we left the house, we headed to the gardens. They were all decked out for autumn.




Then we were on to the beautiful greenhouse.

After the greenhouse, we actually headed down to the azalea gardens and to a path we hadn't been on before. Let me just say that I now know why the Biltmore brochure warns you about the steepness of the grade and how long it is expected to take to maneuver these paths! Going down was easy but boy that coming back up! Lol

We had booked a wine tasting and knew how far the winery still was so, it was a pretty long hike but we made it back to the car and drove over to the winery. We had just enough time to grab a quick lunch before heading in.



After the tasting...which was delightful...my grand daughter wanted to go see some animals while my daughter and I were content to find a small table outside and sit, visit and people watch.

It was pretty late by the time we got back to the hotel so we were ready to pack it in and rest up for our last big day before a day of driving home! 

I have a bit more to share but I also have a busy weekend coming up and need to get some plans going so I will sign off for today. Stay safe and stay tuned.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment