decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

"Whew!!!"

When I last posted, I mentioned that I was looking forward to a very busy number of days. We had our usual Friday Night Lights with a trip to Wildwood to take on the undefeated  Wildcats. On the way, we stopped at a food truck gathering and had a wonderful dinner.

The game reminded me of one of my high school games...oh so many years ago. Wildwood only has one high school and the football game of the week is a big deal. They have a fairly large stadium and the place was packed!! It was a great game and we ended up winning so it was even sweeter indeed!


The next day, daughter #2 arrived and we were off to the MYCFL game of the week where we met up with the rest of the family. We weren't as lucky in this game but grandson #2 played really well and his head coach (my son-in-law) dad was happy with the team.



Once we were done with football...well, not really because we still had the Gator game to watch...we headed to my house. The kids wanted to squeeze in a LITTLE "Halloween at Nana's weekend". We all knew that there wouldn't be time for all of the traditional cooking, baking, crafting, etc. that usually accompanies one of these weekends, but no one seemed to care. And so, we started with our traditional witch pictures. We have been doing this for many, many years. In fact, I think I have a picture where grandson #2 is hugging the mummy and not quite as tall as it is. Lol





By the time we got to dinner, it was dark and everyone was hungry so, we gave a half-hearted nod to a spooky pizza...maybe a jack-o-lantern, Scream character, ghost...whatever. And, we got a salad made that at least had spooky shaped cheese. When the kids get to this age, I don't think they really care what their food looks like...they just want to eat. Lol





We did get to see the Gator game and even Hocus Pocus-a bit of a tradition- before we were all exhausted and headed to bed!

The next morning I made a breakfast of orange pancakes with black syrup and whipped cream ghosts, bacon and fruit.

I had to make sure their bellies were full because then they went outside with me and helped me get a few things done.

I have had some other company of late...Cox Cable has been here on and off for two weeks (I think my house is jinxed), the pool guy has had several repairs to tackle and yesterday and today, the garage door repair company has been here putting in a new unit. That's the kind of "company" I could do without but, an old friend was here for the day yesterday as well and we got to go out for lunch. I always love her visits!

And so today, I am trying to get lots of little odds and ends caught up before the entire family hits town on Friday. We have so many more fun things on the docket so I might be missing in action a bit, but I'll be back. Stay safe and stay tuned.




 



No comments:

Post a Comment