decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 1, 2021

Bits and Pieces

The weather this weekend could not have been more perfect. And, since this is usually the weekend that we head down to Oak Haven Farms for our traditional strawberry picking, it was serendipitous. We did know that because we have had cooler weather than normal, the crops were going to be a bit delayed but, they were opening and just said to arrive early...which we thought we did but, oh my goodness were we wrong!

We have been going down to this beautiful farm for years. Sometimes it is a little more crowded than other times but, never like this! It must be that everyone was feeling as we were. We have been in our homes for so long that on this beautiful day, here was a chance to get out in the fresh air and feel a bit "normal" once again.

As we pulled in, a young man met us and told us that they had already picked all of the rows twice so, if we still wanted to give it a shot, we could and we could just pick anywhere we wanted-as opposed to the usual "pick in this row and then mark it with a flag where you stop" routine. We did grab boxes and headed out but, it was pretty obvious that we would not be going home with a bountiful supply. But, it was just so glorious to be out in these fields that we didn't mind. Not to mention that we always spend way more than we intend to and end up making and eating all forms of fresh strawberry goodness so we don't have to freeze them which, at least at my house, ends up being yummy things that I don't really need to be eating any way. And, so, we got lots of exercise bending over checking for ripe berries and then headed to our next stop in Eustis.


 This trip always includes Presley and her BFF. Sometimes the boys join us but, if both girls can't make it, the trip is postponed. They are also very traditional. Even though Eustis gets more and more new places to eat, they always want to go to the same Mexican restaurant and sit outside by the same fountain. They get no complaints from us because we love it as well.




 After lunch we head down to the water. They have a beautiful park that the girls love and there is always something fun going on.



Our last stop of the day is always for some ice cream. Here is where the girls surprised us. We always go to the same little shop but, this year, as we were walking through town, they spied a new shop that does the ice cream with liquid nitrogen and tons of choices of mix-ins and that made them change their minds. They have had a similar ice cream in Gainesville and they love it! Wish I had gotten a picture of that.

Saturday really could not have been more perfect and Sunday turned out rather nice as well. I really had no plans but then decided to try another craft project. When I bought the stuff to do the Valentines shelf sitter, I also bought some things to do a St. Pats one as well. The only problem was that I didn't have all of the same stuff so I really didn't know where I was heading.




I will not bore you with all of the transformations this thing took. I really didn't have a plan and when I did, it just kept changing as the day wore on. Do you see the little bag of green sequins in that picture? I actually took the time to separate the sizes and then glued them around the edges of the shamrock when it was just painted green. YIKES! What was I thinking? In any case, we all know how stubborn I can be when it comes to finishing a craft. I will persevere til the end. And, so I did and, again, it may not be my most prized possession, but I'm OK with it and it will definitely fill in a spot when the St. Pats decorating begins.


So, another week has begun. Not sure where it will lead but, you can be sure I will bring you along. Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment