decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Dreary Day

We are having a wet, dreary Friday...but, it IS still Friday so I am not complaining! I actually really enjoy a rainy day, especially this time of year. It not only gives all of the plants some much needed water but it also helps wash some of the yellow pollen off of everything-and that is no easy task!

I had fleeting visions of me maybe doing a bit of vacuuming today but, when it is dark and dreary outside, nothing looks clean to me anyhow so that little idea quickly went on to the back burner.

I don't really have a lot of ideas or supplies for any new crafts to begin but, I did have some soap squares and a shamrock shaped silicon mold so I decided that I just might need some St. Patrick's soap. I have always enjoyed making soap. No pun intended but, it is such a "clean" craft...and super simple. In the old days, I did do a lot of multi-level and fancy embellished soaps but those days are gone. Now I just do the poured shape soaps and I don't seem to have as much trouble actually using them. The ones that took hours to do were hard for me to use. Lol

In any case, in no time at all I had these little cuties.

I had some soap dye that was actually called "shamrock green" but it was also kind of old. Even though I shook it a lot, it must have had some specks that just wouldn't dissolve causing the green spots on the soap. I actually like them and wish there were more. If I make any more, I think I will make them an even darker green. I held back a bit on the dye because I didn't want them too dark but I think they lightened up as they hardened.

While we're in the guest bath, I'll share the rest of the decor...before soap.



And a quick peek at the nod to the holiday in the master bath.



I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I will probably end up outside for the next few days but I will be back to show you more soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment