decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Erin Go Bragh

 We are having another "call to the outdoors" kind of day so, before I listen to the call, I thought we could head into the family room.


I am still loving this piece of furniture so much. I know that the trend right now is to have your TV mounted on the wall ( and, believe me, I have thought about that. Especially if I was able to get it over the fireplace giving me just one focal point in this room but, with all of the issues I have had with Cox, I just don't have the strength to go through having them rewire to an outside wall ) but I also think I would miss all of the shelves that give me room for all of my seasonal decorating...and CANDLES...lots of candles! I will admit that this piece is a bit tricky to decorate because the shelves are so deep and dark, but I'm starting to catch on.




I think I may be getting tired of the St. Pat's banner that I found in TJ Maxx many years ago...at least on the mantle. If I can find a greenery garland that doesn't look totally plastic, I might be up for a swap out. We shall see.

And, I'm happier with the sign now that I outlined the letters with gold.




So that is it for the family room this year. I recovered the seat cushions for the chairs in the gazebo - always a yearly task - so I am off to put those in and then see what I can tackle next. It is beautiful out there and I am going to soak in every bit of that beauty before we hit the long dog days of summer. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment