decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Covid Brain?

I'm really not sure why I am not remembering so many holiday traditions these days...maybe because there are just too many (LOL) or, just maybe it is because we can not plan all of our traditional get-togethers so I am not going through files and making as many lists as I usually do. It took a trip to my hair dresser to remind me of one of my Valentine favorites that I honestly didn't even think about this year...the Red Hot Popcorn that I have made forever and that everyone loves! 

It didn't take long to find the recipe and, since I am now going to be making up a batch or two of this "fan favorite", I decided to make up a batch of grandson #2's all time favorite cookies-the Halloween Dark Chocolate cookie. Now, the only thing that makes them "Halloween" is the use of Halloween M&Ms so, a simple swap out to Valentine M&Ms (or 4th of July, Christmas, etc.) and I will be good to go. Of course, this will now entail a trip out to get the supplies so I am making my list. These days when I venture out, I try to squeeze in as many stops as I can and get it done in one trip.

  Here is what the Red Hot Popcorn will look like. It is really fun to make. The hardest part these days is still finding the Red Hots. I think I can usually find them at Walgreens. I can easily find Hot Tamales but I'm not sure they're the same so I'm kind of afraid to try them. If I can't find Red Hots this year, I just might have to.






While I'm here, let's finish up the Valentine's tour.





As more and more pictures keep getting added to the mix - and, the display areas in the other parts of the house aren't getting any bigger - I have started to do the "over flow" in the master bedroom. It's really a good place for some pictures because then I get to look at them a lot more often.

And, of course, there's always a quick nod to each holiday in the master bath...just to keep me smiling.



And so, I think we are finally finished with this year's Valentine house tour. I feel as if I have been posting about it for weeks...well, considering that this decor went out right after Christmas came down, I guess I have. I am really getting excited about the St. Pat's to come.

And even while St. Pat's is beginning to flood my mind, I am off to make an Easter wood tag. Since I have the time today and never know what adventure may start tomorrow, I thought I would get it done. 

I'll be back with that soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.









 


No comments:

Post a Comment