decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, February 5, 2021

Fast Approaching

With Valentine's Day fast approaching, I think I need to begin to wrap up this year's decor. Let's head into the sunroom today.



Once again, I kept the sunroom pretty minimal because lots of crafting has been taking place in here and I dislike having to move a dozen things before I can even sit down. It's kind of funny because my "office"/kids' dorm was supposed to be my crafting and sewing area when I designed it and had all of the cabinetry built. But, it just never worked out that way once my desktop got set up. It is in the area where I would be doing most of my crafting. I have another area that houses my sewing machine but, it isn't really deep enough to do any heavy duty sewing so I usually move to the dining room when I need lots of sewing room. I just realized that I could probably move my sewing machine (especially since I don't do a lot on it any more) and craft down there but, truth be told, I love to sit in the sunroom and watch the birds and squirrels in the yard as I craft.

In any case, it's a good thing the decor was minimal as I set up here once again to begin my Valentine card making. I found a water color idea that I liked so I got busy. Since there are no plans for any big Valentine celebrations this year, I wanted to get some cards out to my grand children to let them know I am thinking of them.

I'm not really good at watercolor - or any other kind of painting for that matter - but, I do enjoy it and I find it is a very forgiving medium. Even when you don't know what you're doing, you can turn out a fairly nice product.





Even though I can't really put my finger on why, it feels like it has been a pretty long week. It is finally Friday so I think I am off to fix some lunch, light a fire and watch a movie or two this afternoon. But, I think I still have a bit more to share so I will be back! Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment