decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Let the Leprechaun Shenanigans Begin!

 Now that Valentine's Day is all taken down and put away, it is time for the green to make an appearance. I love the color green. I think it works as a neutral...every other color just seems to go with it. And, because it is so clearly reminiscent of nature, it makes me feel calm and serene. I really never noticed how much green I have in my house all of the time...even without thinking of it. When I painted my living room, kitchen and dining room, I used three colors on the same paint chip...and they were in the gray category. But, when I was done and looked at the rooms (and even more so in photos), they all read as a shade of green. I have no idea how they could call it gray! Serendipity?

In any case, I am always excited to get my green on. Here is the beginning of this year's St. Pat's decor. Welcome.






So far, the room is pretty much the same as it was last year. It is almost always hard to find new decorations for St. Patrick's Day that aren't a bit "cartoony" and it is even harder now with the virus. There are just not that many new things available so I went with what I had. But, I did make a lot of the little things from the different craft blogs that I showed you earlier and really didn't know where they would end up. But then I spied my dough bowl and thought they might work in there as fillers. I just added in some greenery that I already had and put them in. I think I like them here all gathered together more than I would if I had scattered them around.







So that is the living room for this year. We are going to have a lot of spring-like weather this coming week so I am going to fight the urge to get out there and garden. Everything looks so bad right now...lots of freeze burned plants that need to be cut back, tons of leaves beginning to fall again and lots of yellow pollen everywhere-especially floating all over my pool. It needs to be addressed but, I have learned the hard way that it really is better to let it all wait until we are sure there will be no more frosts...otherwise, everything you just cut back completely dies. And, even if you get up all of today's leaves, there will be many, many more coming down for quite some time.

Maybe I can appease myself by just heading out to buy some pretty new flowers. Of course, I will then have to protect them as well if the weather changes but at least I will have a glimpse of what is to come. We shall see. Stay safe and stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment