decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Bits and Pieces

So we finally got some of that spring rain we so desperately needed yesterday and it looks like maybe more to come tomorrow. You know what they say..."February showers bring March flowers". Lol I did manage to fill all 6 of my cans full of leaves and trimmings and was just starting to refill them after the lawn waste guys had been here when the rains started again. I find it easier to rake the leaves when they're a bit drier, so that chore is once again on the back burner.

With that in mind, why don't we head into the dining room?

I hope I never stop loving this console table as much as I do now. Even though it doesn't give me as much "merchandising" space as the old faux fireplace did, it just speaks to my soul. And, each holiday I am finding ways to decorate it that I love. I actually just realized that there isn't any "real" St. Pat's decor in this vignette...just lots of my favorite green color.









I had a few of the small, violet roses left over from my Easter books so I just stuck them in the jug for the moment...and then decided to leave them there. I have found myself using pops of violet in my St. Pat's decor of late. I think it reminds me of heather and that reminds me of Ireland?? That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Lol




So that is the dining room for this year.

Right before I started this post, I went outside for a minute and captured this. The bougainvillea on the left is finally doing exactly what I had always hoped it would do...it is half way across the garage door and blooming. The one on the right isn't quite there even though it gets the same fertilizer and care. The one thing it doesn't get is quite as much sun and I'm guessing that is the difference. In any case, I'm loving it and right now am debating with myself if I need to drag out the ladder and sheets and get up there and get them covered. My newspaper tells me it is going to be 30 degrees tomorrow night while my phone says 34. I know I should do it to be safe but I HATE that job so I am going to wait and see if the forecast changes by tomorrow. If not, I will be up on that ladder lickety split because it has taken three years to get here from where we started!
 














When I left you yesterday, I was off to make some soup...which I did but then look what I also did! By the way, this is that Mexican lentil soup recipe from "The Chew" that I have posted about before. It is easy to make and, if you like lentils and just a tiny bit of spice-although you could certainly kick up the spice if you like more-absolutely delicious!


 I couldn't help myself. The thought of some skillet corn bread just sounded too good...and it was! Lol I think that brings you up to date on me. Off to finish a few more chores. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment