decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

To Stop...

...or not to stop? That is the question.

I thought I knew what I wanted to do when I pulled out yet another of the pillow covers I got for 50% off at HLmany months ago. They  were $2.50 after the discount and I grabbed up a bunch thinking I would use them as gifts somewhere along the year. But, I never did and now I have my own private stash.

I liked the water color heart I did for Valentine's Day and thought I might do something along those lines for St. Pat's. But, somehow, the image I wanted to do with shamrocks didn't exactly lend itself to the watercolor technique-at least not the way I do it which I am sure is anything but conventional! Lol

And so, I have stopped where I am. I like it but I don't love it. I could spray it with water or splatter some drops of paint around...and I still might but, I am going to live with it for a bit before I decide. Once I commit to something else-especially on fabric-there is no going back. Tis a dilemma! But, except for deciding when to stop, this is pretty much a no-brainer.

I gathered the few supplies needed along with a bit of an inspiration picture.


Since shamrocks are from nature, I decided that it didn't matter if the leaves were all the same so I just quickly sketched out three sets of leaves and cut them out.


Next, I traced them on to the fabric with a green pencil.


I started painting and probably should have taken some pictures along the way but, there is something so calming about this process to me that I get going and, before I know it, I am done. Once I was happy with the leaves, I just painted in some stems, let it dry and stuffed in a feather insert.


I'm using this in "my" chair in the family room and it feels so good behind my back as I nestle in to watch TV. 


I still haven't decided...to stop or not to stop?


I still do not have all of the "red" put away and have a busy week ahead of me. I feel like I am playing catch-up and I'm still blaming it all on the early Thanksgiving...but, I digress. Lol Since I'm this far behind, I never pass up an opportunity to push the chores back even further and yesterday was no different.

I got an invitation to head to Eustis for our annaul strawberry picking trip and off I went. The crop was huge this year and, because yesterday was a Monday and the farm is usually closed, not many people knew it was open and we pretty much had the fields to ourselves. The weather was gorgeous and we all got enough berries to keep us eating for awhile!














We are nothing if not traditionalists! We always go to the same restaurant after picking-the girls won't hear of anywhere else...and, if the table is open, they must sit by the fountain.




After eating, we head to the nearby water front park and the kids can run off some of their lunch before we head for the traditional ice cream cone and our trip home.




 It is always such a lovely day and I always pick way too many berries. I have an appointment in a bit but then I will be looking for some good strawberry based recipes and then I will try to get the red put away and then I will tackle some of the weeds out front and then I will tackle some of the weeds out back and then... Well, you know! I am apparently not very good at playing catch-up! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment