decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, February 21, 2020

Know When to Hold 'Em...Know When to Fold 'Em

So, once again, I am preparing for another "weekend at Nana's"...this time for St. Pat's Day. And, as I have mentioned many times, I always try out every craft we are going to do so that I can gauge how many supplies to buy, how long it might take, etc.


I had so many comments on my sequin heart when I posted my Valentine's decor on a craft site I follow that I thought "why not do the same for St. Pat's?"


 The kids and I did the heart a few years ago and, although I do remember that we left it and came back to it a lot during the weekend, we did do it. I actually thought the shamrock would be easier as it is smaller. WRONG! Epic fail averted!

Even though the space needing to be filled in on the shamrock is smaller than the heart, it has way more outline detail. I have pretty decent eye/hand co-ordination and have been crafting for so long that I can pretty much finesse anything but this was difficult! And, I just couldn't see the kids enjoying it.

I was almost ready to scrap the whole thing and just rinse off the number of sequins I had already glued before they dried but then I decided to go ahead and finish it up and I would just have one more decoration for me...although at this moment, I have no idea where it is going to go.



The steps are pretty much self explanatory.


I always like to distress my edges but that is certainly a personal preference.




I used Tacky glue. I like it because it grabs the sequins pretty well but also allows for some moving of them for quite awhile before it dries clear.


So that pretty much leaves me at square zero...back to my Pinterest boards to see what I can find.

I had planned to be out in my yard all day today but Mother Nature threw us all a curve ball. While our temperatures hit in the 80s yesterday, I awoke to the high 40s this morning...and a low in the 30s tonight...before going back up to beautiful 60s and 70s tomorrow. I can't keep up with it but I have now decided that this will be a crafty kind of day and so...

I'm working on a set of Easter books. I grabbed the small tulips while I was out and about yesterday and am thinking of using a small sprig of them tied up with some of the Easter colored ribbons I have in my stash.


And, speaking of being out and about...sometimes, when I least expect it, something-or things-will speak to me and that sure happened yesterday! I was thinking Easter and spring-while shopping for St. Pat's...doesn't everyone's mind go like that-when I happened upon these bunnies at HL. I think it was the big carrot that the lady bunny was holding that made me think how perfectly they would go with the "almost free" carrots that I made. I can just see the cutest vignette in my living room. I really prefer decorating with the natural colored bunnies for Easter because then they can stay up throughout all of spring. I have a basket made out of twigs and leaves and I think they will look so cute nestled in there! Of course, my "free" decor just took a turn but, oh well! Lol


And then, I went so against all of my rules. I spied this pillow and even though it does not have a removable cover, I knew I had to have it. I love the "watercolor" look of the bunny as well as the writing in the background. And, look how perfect he will look on my new chair!



I needed a new chair for this space so when this beauty came across my FB feed, I couldn't resist. I like that it is a linen like fabric on the seat area but then has the burlap sides and back. And, won't this cutie look so perfect there when I move to Easter decor?


And, it kind of looks perfect there right now as well with the small St. Pat's wreath I found in the Target Dollar Spot last year.


So with all of that running through my mind right now, I'm off to work on St. Pat's...and Easter...and spring! The gardens will just have to wait until tomorrow. And, while I'm at it, I think I will get the fire going and cozy in. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment