decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Out With the Red...

...and in with the green!

I was totally rushing the St. Pat's decor this year. Since we had our big Valentine's celebration two weeks ago, I kind of felt like it was already over. And so, on the morning of Feb. 14, I woke up and hit the ground running. I just started taking the red down before I could change my mind and by late afternoon, I had done a pretty decent job of the turn over. Imagine poor daughter #3's surprise when she and my grandson ran by to drop off some beautiful red tulips, a bottle of chilled wine and a lovely card...and were greeted by all things green. Lol Luckily, it didn't throw her too much because she knows her crazy holiday obsessed mom. At least I left the outdoor Valentine decor up until Saturday so my neighbors don't think I am crazier than they already do.

Of course, changing out all of the red for all of the green is a pretty big undertaking and I am still actually not finished with putting all of the red away. But, the house is picture ready and before I head off on another tangent, I thought I would share the porch and living room. I made a few minor changes so far and there might be more in store when I am actually completely done and the tweaking begins.



Welcome to the living room.



I still love the moss shamrock that the kids and I made a number of years ago. It was all the rage back then and apparently, it is all the rage again. It is all over the craft sites that I follow-woohoo, for once I am a trail blazer. Lol













I'm so glad I could once again use the pillow covers that I got at PB for Christmas. I think they look so good sandwiched between the cream colored pillows and just make the image on the St. Pat's pillow pop even more.


Not too much else to say about this room. I do love all of the shades of green and how calm they make the house feel. I am off to put a bit more away and then see if I can pull off a water color shamrock pillow cover. I found an inspiration look so at least I have a jumping off point. We shall see where it goes. I'll be back to share either way. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment