decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Better Late Than Never!

I know I am saying this a lot lately but where is the time going? I can't believe it is already December and, let's just say, I am no where near ready - or even beginning to think about being ready - for Christmas. I'm thinking I need to get the last of my Thanksgiving things posted and then maybe I can move on. It seems like these things are lasting as long as the leftovers.

My family began arriving on Wednesday evening and between then and Sunday afternoon when my last grand child headed home, there was a constant flow of family and friends in and out of the house - and, I loved it. It reminded me of the "old" days when the girls still lived here and I never knew who was coming or going. I will admit to not doing a very good job of picture taking. There were too many things to do and wonderful folks here to visit with but, I did remember to get just a few as proof that I do cook every now and then. Of course, this meal was also courtesy of Cracker Barrel and the rest of the family as well. It was all delicious and no one left hungry.



Daughter #3 and her family were back in town on Friday so we had a great time with them and also a high school friend of daughter #1.

And, before we knew it, it was Saturday and the whole gang was loaded up and heading to the our pre-game tail gate in Gainesville. The weather could not have been more perfect and my two sons-in-law definitely hooked us up with a great spot, TV, games and hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill and a fry of all sorts of yumminess - chicken wings, potatoes and onion rings...just what we needed after turkey day! Lol






We are now a house divided. Grand daughter #2 is the first of the gang to decide to attend FSU even though she grew up at every Gator game and function. It took us a minute to accept her decision but we love her no matter what colors she wears. And now, her sister is saying that she wants to follow in her foot steps...where did we go wrong? Lol

So now November is officially over and, because of Thanksgiving's late date this year, I find myself feeling the need to play catch up. The decorating has only begun and presents, tree, cookies, food, cards, etc. aren't even in my mind's eye just yet. In any case, I am going to try to fill the next few weeks with as much family and friends as I can and the rest will all fall into place - it always does. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment