decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, December 20, 2019

Wrapping It Up...Literally & Figuratively

So, my 2019 Christmas plans are now pretty much figured out and written in ink! With my crazy gang, it sometimes takes right down to the wire to get this done so, I am kind of ahead of the game this year.

It looks my three youngest grand children will be here the next two days to do some baking and then help with any other loose ends-like a few things in the yard that have been neglected with the either cold or rainy weather we have had. Forecasts are good for awhile, so it is nice to be out in the fresh air and, if we can accomplish a chore or two, all the better. Then, the Christmas Eve church service time has been chosen as well as a place to eat out. Daughter #3 usually makes a beautiful meal but, with her entire house down to the studs, cooking would be impossible and, since everyone will be at my house the next day, letting someone else do the cooking that night sounds like the best plan. And then, of course, all of the out-of-town family will be arriving the next afternoon. It will be a full, happy, loud, chaotic house but that is just how we like it.

In any case, just a few more things to show you. I know you're probably over decor by now, but it truly helps me next year so I like to keep it all documented. We'll start with the guest bath...pretty straight forward and, since so people will be using it over the next week, pretty pared back so there is room to actually function.







And, lastly, the master bedroom. I still love my PB "knock-off" sign and the glow of those lights at night is magical.



Here is where the extra Nutcracker photos ended up...plus, our old, childhood Christmas photos as well as my mom's Christmas pins and the little ceramic angels that she always put on a candle every year in her decorating.
 


I love the "stained glass" picture that my grand daughter made for us many years ago.


The master bath is hard to photograph without my image showing up in the mirror so this is the best I could do.



If I weren't so "over" crowds and traffic, I might head out to find another tree for this spot. I think one would look nice sitting in an old crock or wooden box with some tiny twinkling lights...maybe next year!


I just realized that I haven't decorated the guest rooms. Maybe I'll leave that until tomorrow and see if the kids want to help.

Somewhere in my browsings, I saw a post about an "old" wooden grain scoop used in decorating and I couldn't get it out of my head. The lady posted that she got it at Tractor Supply and I actually thought it was one sold to really scoop grain. I pushed it into the back of my head until I saw another post about one and discovered they were in the home decor section...and then, I started seeing so many posts about how people had used them and how they had decorated them...and I knew I could resist no longer. We actually have a Tractor Supply not too, too far from my house, so off I went and snagged one before they were all sold out. And, on sale to boot.

Of course, when I got home and started trying to figure out where it would go, I realized that there is nary a free spot anywhere in my entire home right now. And so, I just put some greenery in it and a cranberry candle, put it on top of the basket that holds dish towels and slate serving trays on my kitchen counter and called it a day. But, I just love the feel of it and I think it will be one of those things that will remain out and be decorated for every holiday and season.



So that is it for the Christmas house this year. I will probably be back with some photos of the weekend craziness but for now, I'm off to scratch a few more things off of my list. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment