decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Moving Along

Looks like I am going to have an unexpected fun and busy weekend so let's move this tour along a bit while we can. Today we'll look at the kitchen.








I got obsessed with little trees in different containers this year because of a craft blog I am following. I found this mug and tree at the Target $ Spot and I like the way it looks with the little ornament that is from my childhood tree.


I'm still loving the antique salt and pepper set my mom got me in an antique shop.



And here's a closer look at my little ornament that cost all of 10 cents way back when.


I always like to have a hot chocolate bar set up for my grand children. This year I found some fancy, large marshmallows for them to try as well as some chocolate stir sticks.






I used another mug I found at WalMart with a small tree from Michaels.
 


And, once again, I am using this tree plate that was a wedding gift form 54 years ago. Once we received this gift at our wedding that was so close to Christmas, I realized what a wonderful gift it was. I have literally used it for 54 years and thought of the gift givers every time I put it out...way better than towels and vases that have long since been forgotten. If I attend a wedding anywhere near Christmas these days, a Christmas decor item or ornament is always my gift of choice.


So that is the kitchen. I am off tomorrow to the Mall at Millenia in Orlando with daughter #3 and then daughter #2 is coming to spend a few days. I am almost done shopping so it is time to begin thinking about some cookie making...we shall see how that works out. I am still having trouble believing how quickly Christmas is approaching, but I am trying to enjoy all of the extra things that come my way and not stress over the details. It always works out and the important thing is time spent with my family and friends. I will be back soon. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment