decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Last One...I Promise..I Think!?

I'm blaming it on the rain today. It is the kind of day where you want to stay inside...and maybe watch Christmas movies. And, that is exactly what I thought I would do. But, I ended up baking more cookies. And then, I just knew I needed to get the guest rooms decorated. I mostly decorate those rooms-since they were my girls' rooms when they lived here-with lots of old Santa pictures from their childhood and I know they always love their trip down memory lane...so, how could I not do them this year? Here is daughter #1's room.

And, daughter #2's room.


My youngest daughter's old room is now my office and the grands "dormitory". Ever since the four oldest grand daughters were young, this Barbie tree has been here for them at Christmas. Even though they are all well past the Barbie days, they would be heart broken if they didn't fall asleep to this pink glow at Nana's for the holiday!


And then I made the mistake of watching a house tour on a site I follow. And right there, in front of my eyes, was something I had never thought about. The owner had used a swag and lights nestled up against the back of a side board. And the light bulb went off! I have been thinking my dining room needed more holiday twinkle but, since I had removed the faux fireplace, there was no where else to hang some. I never really thought that swagging didn't need to be hung.

And so, with just one swag left over and a set of white lights, I tried it out...and, I love it. It adds just the right amount of twinkle to this side of the room. It was hard to get a good picture but, trust me, the glow is beautiful. It kind of radiates out from the back of the side board and is just perfect!




And now I'm done. I promise. I think. wink-wink. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment