decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, May 7, 2023

The Calm Before the Storm

 I actually have a little time today as I still don't have my exact "to-dos" for the rest of the decor for the party. I know a lot of the things (like number of tables) will not really be known until we get closer and responses have arrived so, I am giving myself today after three very full days. The week ahead is busy and by the time I get back to you, I might be ready to head into the patriotic decor so, let's finish up spring. If I have calculated correctly, all we have left are the bathrooms.





And, once again, I am under impressed with my spring decor. I think the fact that it is not my favorite is definitely showing-guess I might have to get myself in gear next year. Those of you who know me and visit my house know that I am all about the smells matching the decor so, I will say, I do love the smells of spring. Most of my soaps, candles, room sprays and dish detergents are either lilac or lavender so my house does smell like a spring garden...and the gardenias that are now blooming also help that along. 

As I said, I have been busy the last three days making the props for the photo op at Har's graduation party. I did some three years back when we had four of my grand daughters miss their graduations due to Covid restrictions-two from college, one from high school and one from elementary school. I had a good time making them so I wanted to do the same for Harrison and his sister - who will be graduating from middle school.

Most of the previous ones that I did were relatively easy...except that darn FSU Seminole. He almost did me in-wouldn't you know it would be a Seminole that would try to do in a Gator!? Lol

We had a family graduation party for Morgan's graduation from Flagler in May 2020.




Not everyone was able to be there at that time so we did another celebration in June for everyone.


 



This guy almost did me in!

Until now...!!! I think my vote will now go to the U.S.Coast Guard Bear!!! I'm not sure why this guy gave me the time that he did but I will admit that one or two choice words may have been uttered before I called it quits. Lol There are still a few things I would like to fix but I have to remind myself that this is just a photo prop and by the end of the day it will probably be bent and haggard so...

In any case, I'm happy with what I have and I am ready to move on to my next challenge. Graduation is drawing near. Stay safe and stay tuned.


 


 










No comments:

Post a Comment