decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 15, 2023

Mother's Day

 My family is the best at knowing how to milk a holiday-lol. It's not always that we try but, since it is hard to get the whole gang all together these days, we tend to do more mini-celebrations until everyone is covered. And that is what happened this weekend.

Daughter #3 knew that she would be out of town for most of the weekend so she started off my Mother's Day binge on Friday where my brother, sister-in-law and I joined her at the Corkscrew for lunch and some wine bottling. Let's just say a good time was had by all. It was so much fun and we had lots of laughs. Then, her friend joined us and we were able to finalize my grandson's graduation party details.





On Saturday morning we were up and out early and headed to the World Equestrian Center where my brother had a race. While he was warming up, I took my sister-in-law on a short tour and then after the race (where my brother took 2nd in his category) we all headed back out to explore the grounds. This facility really is an incredible gift to our city.



After we left WEC, we headed to breakfast and then were on to one of my favorite little haunts, Micanopy. It was a perfect day to spend some time in a sleepy little "old Florida" town-although, it wasn't too sleepy that day. We were thrilled to see the resurgence of tourists stopping in. The streets were lined with cars.


 I ended the evening at daughter #2's house where the Mother's Day celebration continued and I got to have a nice, long visit and catch up with my son-in-law's mom.

And, on Sunday morning we were off again. This time to St. Augustine to continue the celebration and to also celebrate grand daughter #3's birthday. We were really lucky because, once again, it was a beautiful day!




We had a simple picnic lunch and then ended with a fresh strawberry and cream cake Bec made for Morgs-kind of wish I got a picture before we dove in but it was prettier than this...and very delicious!

We got home and had one more nice dinner before the weekend wind down began and Bec and I ended the night watching Top Chef.

And here it is Monday afternoon. I have been doing a bit of catching up since I got home and will probably be doing graduation things the rest of the week. I think a lot of the family will be arriving on Friday and I have two baccalaureates and a special "handing down" ceremony before then. This special ceremony is where grandson #1 will be giving a rose to his brother, grandson #2. It is usually only for parents but it looks like my son-in-law is not going to be able to get out of the county commission meeting so I just got invited to stand in. Guess I'd better get the Kleenex ready!

Don't know if I'll be back before the big day but rest assured I will definitely be back to share the details as soon as I can. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.

P.S. I promise when all of the family celebrations are over, I will get back to decorating and crafting-4th of July is up next!!





No comments:

Post a Comment